Thursday, June 20, 2013

June.

Truth: I've just not been making time to blog, lately.

Our days are full and busy and exhausting.

I could say it's because we're off doing all sorts of summer-themed activities....but that's not entirely the case.

We're doing some of that - but we're also just putzing around our house and filling our days with who knows what.

Sometimes, that's not all bad.

We have a busy month of July on the horizon and so we're trying to tie up some unfinished things before we kick off the middle of summer.

Which sounds strange to me - given it feels like summer arrived yesterday.

Not just because June has gone so fast, but because it's been so cold and rainy.

We're putting that behind us though... and diving into a what finally feels like a real MN summer.

I thought I'd pass along a few pictures with hopes my faithful followers will stick around until I can get back to more regular blogging.

It seems this may be a summer of less blogging and more "being" in the moment with the girls.

But then again .... who knows.  I seem to go in spurts with this little hobby of mine. :)

As always... our girls are growing and changing at lightning speed.

Our baby is 15+ months.... and just like most younger siblings ... she definitely thinks she's as old as her sisters.

This week she wanted to climb to the highest slide at the park and was furious with me when I stopped her.

She's our goofy girl - and she knows it.  Always doing silly things and wanting us to notice. :)
She constantly cracks herself up - which I love.  I hope that sticks with her.... a lighthearted soul is a good soul to be (or so I've heard). ;)

The twins.... there is just so much to say.  I have a post rolling around in my head about those two.

They are incredible to observe right now.  Their imaginations wild and intense.  They want to be the mommy and the daddy and the doctor, the swim teacher or the nurse.

They find genuine joy in doing "grown up" things and take pride in "babysitting" Ms. A when I make a trip to the laundry room.

They are delightful and frustrating in the same exact breath.  Bedtime is a favorite for me ... to sit and talk with them individually.  You just never know what they are going to want to discuss.

They continue to be two peas in a pod -- wanting each other close, but spreading their wings at times, too.
Ms. K .. she continues to be my helper, my "go-to girl" when I'm in a pinch, my very independent first born.
 LOVE.
Ms. R - smiles from here to China... more energy than anyone I know.... a heart of gold with hugs that make you tingle from your head to your toes.
A personal victory for me this summer - getting all three girls swinging at the same time!! Weeeee!
 Some Father's day fun with daddy!
 And this picture of Ms. A speaks straight to my heart.
Last summer... as this exact same park we were able to keep Ms. A in her carseat perched on the tire swing.  She was happy as a clam.
This summer.... she wants little to do with sitting still and everything to do with moving.
Time MOVES and these precious souls grow - with our without our permission.

So ... a little less blogging.... a little more being.....for this summer.

I have no doubt you understand.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


2 comments:

  1. I think busy days are good. Even better when it's the kids that make the priority call. You keep having fun and being where you need to be the most. We'll still be here when you get back. Enjoy your summer with your girls. These are the days ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lady. It's Christina from our life with multiples! But I'm back. Again. And I hope to stay this time. :) Your girls are gorgeous and I'm so happy your so happy! Enjoy it. Mine are headed off to Kindergarten in like, 11 sleeps lol! I'm flippin out. :p
    That was beautifully written. <3

    http://christinanoonanfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete