Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holi-DAZED and CONFUSED!

Hello BLOG-world....LONG time, no write.

Hope you are all having a lovely Christmas Eve, Eve ...

Speaking of CHRISTMAS ... I am petitioning my family to move the holiday to the month of August.

Why you ask??

I think I have some pretty solid reasons to back up my plea.

Christmas post-baby year #1: Horrible snow blizzard preventing travel.  We were snowed in and albeit kind of a special memory of just the 4 of us celebrating together at home -- we were disappointed our 4 month old little snuggle bugs weren't at the center of their very first Christmas.

Christmas post-baby year #2: STOMACH FLU ... that literally flew through my entire family thanks to us bringing it home .... even I was in bed for several days while others cared for the girls.  I have severe PTSD from this horrible flu ... it keeps me up at night people!!

Christmas post-baby year #3 (This year): Our long, anticipated Christmas vacation back home has been plagued with ....... a DOUBLE dose of double ear infections, two cases of the hand, foot and mouth virus, and one STOMACH BUG (poor Ms. K) .. all equalling nearly two straight weeks of NO SLEEP for everyone involved.

So .... until further notice .... I'm seriously asking my family if we can celebrate Christmas in August.  Seems like the perfect month ..... no other major holidays ... no worries of bad roads for travel ... many on summer vacation ... and "typically" NO STINKIN', NASTY BUGS roaming about.

However .... it's not quite Christmas yet .... and "holding my breath DEEPLY" ... we "seem" to be on the mend 'round here.

The girls have been cheerful the past 24 hours or so ..... and things seem to be feeling somewhat normal again.

**Holding breath deeply**

So perhaps --- Christmas post-baby year #3 can be saved after all ...........

To.Be.Continued....

Until then -- from our family to yours we wish you a blessed holiday weekend .... with safe travels .... and the love of Jesus in your heart....... after all .... He died for us -- the ultimate sacrifice ... reminding me that with Him -- I can get through anything .... well, maybe with just a little whining and crying ... but jeez ... the stomach flu AFTER hand, foot and mouth and double ear infections????

Okay, okay ... I'm done now.

Hope your weekend is filled with JOY!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Merry Christmas to you, hope everyone has recovered (and stays healthy for a while!) My girls had the hand foot and mouth last year...it was horrible!! Feel your pain! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. Hope everyone is feeling better. My boys are battling nasty colds and fever while we are in MI this week. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I don't see why not. Sounds like very valid reasons to me. :)
    I'm glad to see your doing good. The girls are getting so big and are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete