Ms. A has a very special soul.
She's in tune with people and their feelings... both happy and sad.
From a very young age -- she genuinely seemed concerned when one of her sisters was crying.
Given ... it's hard to ignore some of the loud cries of not only one, but two sisters, but she learned early on what they needed was comfort.
At first ... I began to notice her crawling over to them when they would cry.
Once she was able to walk..... she would go over and bend down and try to see what was going on.... almost getting right in their faces.
Later she learned to search the area for their blanket and bring it to them.
She knew Ms. R's was the green blanket and Ms. K's the pink polka dotted one.
She would bring it over and lay it in their lap.
Now.... along with that she will bend down, pat them and hug them tightly.
As they carry on crying -- she persists.
Just last night I was able to capture this unbelievable moment.
Ms. R ... overtired, not feeling well and having a breakdown in the kitchen.
I turned around and Ms. A was heading toward her, green blankie in hand.
She then leaned in and hugged and hugged on her big sis.
Long enough so that I was able to find my phone and capture it.
She doesn't usually let go until the crying has stopped.
The twins both know and understand what Ms. A is doing and think it's very special when she comes to them.
It often calms them down somewhat.... enough to help move past their current woe.
I truly believe Ms. A loves her sisters with every fiber of her being.
I truly believe she understands those hugs are helping and finds joy in doing that.
Last night was one of those trying nights.
Hubs was at work and I was battling a couple of overtired, sick girls who really just needed to go to bed and start over in the morning.
We had a number of meltdowns and I was growing pretty exhausted of the whole thing.
But it's in those moments... I see signs - both big and small - perhaps the girls are learning the beautiful language of LOVE.
It's a humbling experience to see your child wanting and trying to fix a hurt.
It's like God is saying to me .... "keep up the good fight, mama"... "keep loving them with every ounce of your being".
I'm fairly certain this photographic image is burned into my brain forever.
It will stay there for those moments of doubt when it feels like nothing is going right.
It will remind me that LOVE wins..... even when it doesn't feel like it.
My sweet little Ms. A..... thank you for your unconditional LOVE for all of us.
You are a beautiful angel here on earth.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

Melt my heart.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! That's so precious. Thank you for sharing - must be a girl thing! Can't say I see anything like that, here.
ReplyDeleteThat is so very precious! And how special you were able to capture it with your camera, too...what a treasure. :) :)
ReplyDeleteThis made me tear up, love it so much. What a special moment and a special child!!
ReplyDelete