I remember my first one like no other.... the girls were about 8 months old... I was blurry eyed tired, but HAPPY!!
Can you tell?!!
Just look at those babies of mine!!!
We all kind of had the "deer in headlights" expression!
Last year I'd only been a "mama of 3" for a few months, come Mother's Day.
I was still in a bit of shock I was pulling it off.
My little mamas.... heart warming to see them want to take care of her from day one.
THIS YEAR -- things seem to be moving at a pretty even keel.
We've got our systems down (for the most part) and I can say I feel more like a mother every day.
More settled in... more at ease with our day to day....
We have our bumps and bruises to be sure, but somehow the Lord is helping me handle them a bit better.
Learning..... mama's are always learning and trying harder ... to be better than the day before.
That's pretty much my nightly prayer - just help me be the most gracious mama I can be.
Hoping this example helps my little people live with grace and exude kindness to others.
That's all I want.
I'll end with a very favorite mama related quote:
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide, FOREVER, to have your heart go walking around outside of your body" ~ Elizabeth Stone
Isn't that the most true sentiment you have ever heard??
My little ladies are on my mind and in my heart every moment of every day.
For them to feel safe and loved and honored and HAPPY.
For that, is true mama bliss!
I have so many mother's in my life who've helped me along the way -- but none more than my very own.
She defines selfless, grace-filled giving.
I strive to be just like her.
So... on this my fourth mama's day------my heart is feeling blessed and full and HAPPY.
All because of these beautiful gifts from God... who are so cute I could pretty much eat them with a spoon! ;)
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


No comments:
Post a Comment