The other day the hubs and I were chatting about the girls. Not sure exactly how our conversation turned to when they are older (although, almost daily we wince over how fast they are growing).... but the hubs said something that struck me.
"I just hope and pray the girls are really close to one another when they are grown"....
I personally couldn't imagine anything else, but for him - he said it's something he often prays about.
To us the twins (obviously) came in a pair. We know they aren't one in the same, but we appreciate their twinhood and the fact they've ALWAYS had each other.
We know they are unique people, will have different strengths, talents and interests, but we hope they always have the bond they share now.
And... for our little Ms. A -- all she's ever know is life with her two big sisters. She turns to them for everything... almost like they are two additional "mamas" in her life.
They each have a unique relationship with her -- and one that's constantly evolving.
It's almost daily that I marvel at little glimpses of TLC I witness between them all.
I was fortunate to capture a few on film, recently.
Here... Ms. A was very sad over something. I tried to comfort her, but it wasn't exactly working. I asked Ms. R if she would try to calm her.
She climbed up on the bed.... laid Ms. A down, covered her up and put a dollie on either side (dolls are Ms. A's lifeline)...
You can see the look between them. Ms. A still with a few tears, but definitely feeling comforted.
And Ms. R taking her job very seriously. Gently touching her little head and then a sweet smooch. And suddenly - the moment had passed and all was well again in Ms. A's world. It's one of those moments when a mama's heart pretty much bursts with pride & love.
Ms. K is my early bird - she's up before everyone else, most days. So, when we hear Ms. A rise.... she is almost always first to greet her. She'll crawl into her crib and they'll chat & play for a little while. This is their special time together early in the morning. Amazing how Ms. A has come to expect Ms. K at her door when the sun comes up. Gives me a minute to put my feet on the ground and perhaps brush my teeth. It's been such a blessing and a help to me.
This is not a great pic - but it's from the baby monitor. I often watch and listen to them play together.
I feel as though I've been blessed with a very tight bond between my own siblings. I'm child #2 in a mix of 4 children. Two girls, two boys.. respectively. We are all very present in each other's lives. We try to get together once a month to have dinner (just us!!) and catch up. In this season of life - we are all so busy, but we've been making this a priority for probably 5 years now. It touches my heart when I get the email from one of my SIBS making sure we set up the date each month.
If I had to dream a dream for my girls ... I pray they are always as close as they are today. Reaching out for a hug & helping hand when they need it most ... getting together for regular visits, sharing their lives with each other, celebrating birthdays, holidays and many other special traditions.
The hubs and I are giving it our best to model unconditional love for them..... they won't ALWAYS agree with each others choices or get along perfectly, we know -- but in the end we hope nothing will sever their special bonds they share.
Knowing, no matter what may happen to us - they will always have each other.
That's our wish..... for them.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!



No comments:
Post a Comment