Warning:: I'm kinda ticked off...
In just the past 6 weeks our household has had..... go ahead - sit back and get comfy.....
Hand, foot & mouth virus (x3), strep throat, strange & unexplainable viral fevers (even daddy), ear infections, stomach aches, strange body aches and the list marches on (I'm just too tired to recall it ALL)...
When you put all 5 of us together.... it seems someone has been sick ALL OF THE TIME.
I feel like, for the most part, I've been able to take this in stride.
I have three kids - and kids are germ sponges.
And because I have three kids.... they pass it to each other - and sometimes to us.
It's life, right?
They have been fairly cooperative with spreading out the illnesses so we've not have more than 2 (way) down at a time....
But this morning when Ms. R woke before dawn and seemed all out of sorts.... my patience hit the skids.
I felt her sweet little forehead.... warm, really warm.
103 degrees warm.
I've certainly been trying to focus on the positive of having sick kids ... they are more willing to snuggle up, willing to be still, more anxious to soup up mommy's love and enjoy individual attention.
But, today - today I'm mad.
Mad because I've had enough.
Mad because we had really special plans for the weekend - and poof, just like that we're not going anywhere.
My sweet niece, H,was to spend the ENTIRE weekend with us - which doesn't happen very often because of crazy, busy schedules.
My grandma's birthday is TODAY - and we had plans to surprise her with a fun birthday party at her home.
My high school girlfriends are all getting together tonight - a group I only see a few times a year....
And then of course -- the crappy task of having to tell the girls we can't go.
Not going on a planned trip to Grandma's is like.... canceling a Disney vacation. I kid you not.
But, instead we hunker down, yet again, to let the fever pass....
And to pray it doesn't spread to the rest of us.
And pass it will... but, our little family is sick of the plague that has landed smack dab on our home.
Yes - it could be MUCH worse... and I totally get that.
I get that most days, but for today..... I'm gonna excuse myself from keeping a strong upper lip and just declare...
this sucks.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment