If I'm being totally honest... I've kind of taken the "bury my head in disbelief" approach when it comes to my babies tuning 2.
With all the major life change for us the past few months ... It's just been one of those things I've put on the back burner... And mostly because I can't believe we've been blessed with these angels for two years already.
How can it be? Life moves too fast... And sometimes...often times... It's easy to get caught up in the struggles of parenting two toddlers rather than relishing in the joy.
Definitely working on relishing more...letting stuff go... And soaking up their pure innocence. It is truly a gift from God.
As MANY family and friends sent their babes to school this week... I really tried to stop in my tracks and be present. Day to day .. This SAHM gig can wear me ragged. Beat me into the ground. But, the mere thought of my 'babies' leaving the nest for school had me reeling. What on earth would I do without them??
One thing that comforts me immensely, is knowing, ... When it's time for them to "launch" ... They are very blessed to have EACH OTHER along for the ride.
I have to say ... In looking back over the past year (that flew by with lightning speed) ... My FAVORITE part has been watching their "sister act" unfold.
And let me tell ya... Their bond is fierce. Specifically over the past few months... It seems as through they are more and more 'in cahoots' with each other. They are a team... travel in a pair... gang up on mama... and sneak away to find trouble ... together! Its very rare just one of them is missing from my sight... If one is gone the other quickly follows!
This has definitely presented some major messes to be cleaned up as well as several stern "No's" from mama.... But I have to tell you ... More than anything it melts my heart.
I always try to capture pics if I can. Most of them cell phone pics I send to daddy to show him what's going on around here!! I apologize for some of the blurriness of these photos!









I couldn't stage these pictures if I tried. And, there are so many more -- I am just not fast enough to capture them all -- OR ... I'm too busy fishing "something" out of the toilet!!
With one week to go before my babies "officially" enter toddler-hood -- my goal it to ENJOY each moment with them -- show a little more patience -- and breathe in all that year two has left to offer!!
With that being said - I am very excited to see what year three has to bring!! Seeing the world through the eyes of my precious children has filled me with more life than I ever thought possible.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Isn't it amazing the bond twins have? I did a post about the bond between my twins just the other day!
ReplyDeletehttp://mommyofgg.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-want-to-hold-your-hand.html
It's hard to believe you've captured those crazy times! Mine move so fast, all I get is the back of their heads running away b/c they got caught. Happy birthday, ladies!
ReplyDeleteYes, that was ECFE I blogged today. You're right, it IS my saving grace - I've been itching for it to start since July! This year we're in a regular 2's class b/c our new district doesn't have a multiples class, but I think we will be just fine! Hope all goes well in Seattle. Are you coming back in a year?
ReplyDelete