But - I just might have a knock down -- drag out fight -- with almost anyone who debates me on the idea that TIME can't buy happiness.
Over the past few months while we've been living (far away) from family and friends ... we've had some wonderful surprises too!
That surprise has been ... TIME WITH DADDY!!
Oh my -- for instance .. just yesterday he was home (for the day!!) at 3:30pm!!
This has been so rare, my friends.....
Since I've know then hubs -- as in WAAAAAAY before the twinkies....and even way before marriage -- we've always been living by his work schedule. And, I guess we still are (being we moved half way across the country), but now, it seems, he has MORE time for "us".
This has changed so much for me. This has changed my outlook on the entire day. This has changed his relationship with the girls. It has changed so much for the better for our family.
Of course we still have those times when he's working the weekend (boooo) or has late nights -- but overall .. he's been home almost every single night to help me put the girls to bed.
This has been a gift from God.
Moving here -- we really had little idea as to how his schedule would pan out. Of course .... we were hoping it would be more lax than the previous 100 years, but I am always cautious with getting my hopes up about his time.
We miss our loved ones like the dickens .... but we've taken the opportunity to be a real family. Spend that quality "time" together. It's sad to admit -- but I use to look around the neighborhood come 5 or 6 o'clock and feel a pit deep in my heart that our day was not ending with daddy arriving home from work -- like some families have the opportunity to do.
Now - most nights either pre or post-din din -- we head out for a long walk. We rarely drive anywhere -- unless it's to
We often stop to let the girls run around somewhere .... and by the time we're back home -- it's time for bath and bed..... for all of us!
That's another bonus with the hubby's time -- HE is catching up on at least 5 years of sleep. He's a different person I tell ya!
Anyway .... just had the urge today to document how very blessed I feel being able to actually feel like a family. I certainly have my moments when I miss home so much I can't stand it -- but knowing I have a partner in crime makes it bearable ... and I think we'll look back on this year and be very thankful for all the time we had together ... making up for much lost time.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
That's so good to hear! I think you said it all so perfectly...being away is ultimately allowing you to be together more, at a time it sounds like you need it more than anything. So happy for you...and I hope you have many, many more family walks and bedtimes together in the coming months. :) :)
ReplyDeleteWe ARE on the same age...and all I can say is Burn Unit and ICU...bless you all!! I am so glad for your 3:30 afternoon! I KNOW what a complete blessing that is ESPECIALLY during training. Hang in there, sister!!
ReplyDeleteoops..meant page, not age...
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that the up side to moving away has been this MUCH deserved time together as a family! It is wonderful that this shift has happened for you guys and I pray that upon your return, it can stay the same!!! :) Miss you!
ReplyDelete