To say I enjoyed planning and prepping..... well, YES I DID!
I started putting away ideas over 6 months ago. Thank you Pinterest and Etsy!
I landed on the theme .. "Cute as a button" because, well -- SHE IS!!
I then set out to find ways to incorporate colorful buttons into the decor.
I decided on bright, bold colors... pink, green, orange, yellow and blue.
My first task was finding the buttons.
One might think you can stockpile from a typical craft store (Michaels, etc), but to my dismay - they are not sold in bulk.
I was pleasantly surprised to find bulk buttons on Etsy, however.
I placed an order for over 1,000 buttons and it was about $25. Score!
Bulk Buttons - Dreams and Wishes Bulk Craft Supplies.
Once the buttons arrived - I started decorating!
I tried to incorporate as many pictures from her 1st year into the decor. It is so fun to look back at how much she has grown and changed.
The twins and I stayed up too late one night making these "button" cut out cookies. They ended up looking pretty cute when they were all done. I used two sizes of round cookie cutters and then a straw to poke out the holes. The girls were fascinated!
I also found these adorable button lollipops on Etsy.
Other treats and decor surrounded a spring & Easter theme!
Pink tulips... :)
PEEPS on a stick - why not?
More Easter-themed treats!
We made PINK popcorn....
And had cupcakes decorated with fondant buttons - of course!
After a nice morning nap - the birthday girl finally made her appearance!
Cute as a button! ;)
Taking it all in!
She was a tad bit overwhelmed with all the people.
She had a period of time when all she wanted to do was climb on top of me.
We were so blessed to have almost all of our family here to celebrate!
We had a yummy meal and lots playtime with our favorite cousins!
Then it was time for presents and CAKE!
She was pretty quick to dig in!And into the mouth it went!
Yup - she approved!
Her sisters were quite entertained from the sidelines!
Such a LOVELY day!
1st birthdays are so special.
With all three of my girls I've had such emotion leading up to their big parties!
I get so nostalgic thinking back to the day -- the moment they were born.... it's such a time of CELEBRATION and sharing that with family means so much to me.
We are so blessed to call Ayla Anne our baby girl.... she is such a light in our lives. She has a heart of gold and as we move into year #2........... we are only seeing more and more of that love pour out of her.
Thanks to all who came to help us celebrate!!
It's a day I will remember forever... and no matter what -- my Ayla baby will be "Cute as a Button"!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!














No comments:
Post a Comment