Ms. A finally had her one year well-child check.
I'm always excited to check in with her pediatrician - but ALWAYS dreading the immunizations.
Ms. A is just a hair over 13 months - a delayed appt due to illness earlier in the month.
Not shocking with our history this winter!
The appointment went really well - Ms. A was very pleasant as she was weighed and measured.... capturing the nurse immediately with her wide smile!
It was after the first finger poke when things turned a bit sour. They have to draw blood to check iron levels at this age. Her little finger bled and bled afterward. :(
We then met with her pediatrician. She is so kind and helpful and listens patiently. I didn't really have major concerns ... other than that Ms. A basically refuses to drink milk of any kind.
I was hoping she might have some magic tricks for me to try, but she really didn't. She suggested giving her a Vitamin D supplement and to continue to offer her milk.
The hubs reminded me - the twins didn't really enjoy milk very much either at Ms. A's age. I'd forgotten that.
She still only has 4 teeth (two top, two bottom) and the doc didn't see any more on the horizon!
After her physical (which went great!).. it was time for three immunizations.
This is the part where I STILL get tight-chested and feel like vomiting - thus ... the hubs usually takes this part, but alas I had to suck it up and do it this time.
They prepped to give her a shot in each arm and one in her little thigh.
Oh the screams :( And the look of ... "Mom... how could you do this to me??".
But of course she eventually settled down and we moved on.
She was clearly uncomfortable that evening, though. Her little leg was bothering her you could tell. I gave her meds and put her to bed. Thankfully, she slept like an angel. :)
As for her stats right now - I decided to take a peek back at where the twins were measuring at 13 months.
Fun to compare.
Ms. A is falling exactly between Ms. K & Ms. R....
THIRTEEN MONTH STATS:
Ms. K
Weight: 24.1 pounds (75-90%)
Height: 30.75 inches (75-90%)
Head: 46 cm (50-75%)
Ms. R
Weight: 22.15 pounds (50-75%)
Height: 30.25 inches (50-75%)
Head size 45.5 cm (50-75%)
Ms. A's
Weight: 23.2 pounds (75-90%)
Height: 30.5 inches (75-90%)
Head: 46 cm 950-75%)
For more fun -- take a peek back at what the twins were up to at this same age.
I've read through the developmental and behavior milestones and Ms. A is meeting and surpassing them all. Bless be God!!
She has become so active in the past few months. She RUNS around like crazy and chases after the big girls all day long. They love to play with her and want to hold her hands. She hasn't quite mastered the skill so we are working on that.
I love watching them all play together. It can get messy, at times - but I have to just go with it. They are so willing to include her right now and I need to eat that up.
Since turning one - her sensitive side has been shining through. Each time one of the twins is upset or crying she is sure to go over to them and pat their back or try and see what the issue is.
She clearly understands when they are sad and she wants to help.
It makes me so happy to see her understanding affection and showing love.
She is very social and enjoys being in the mix with the big kids more than ever!
Glad to have this "mother of all" check-ups behind us. The immunizations aren't so brutal from here on out!
I thank God we have this beautiful, healthy baby!
BLESSED.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment