Hello all,
A little thing called LIFE has gotten in the way of blogging these past few weeks. Time to play some catch up!
The girls finally had their 1 year well-child check last week. It was something I was dreading because they were lined up to get 5 shots and a finger poke, too. I just hate the fact that they have no idea what is about to happen to them. They think getting weighed and measured is tough....little do they know what's in store...
Daddy was what I consider a ROCK STAR during the appointment. Even though he was post-call and super tired...he took on the daunting task of holding the babes during their shots. And, in fact, he even told me I could leave the room with the babe who was not getting shots at the moment.
Being first born -- Ms. K went first while Ms. R and I waited outside. We could definitely hear Ms. K's disapproval of what was going on. Major screams and crying. Made me physically sick.
After Ms. K's shots and finger poke was done the hubs and I switched babes and the sadness began for Ms. R. Again - her disapproval was quite obvious with major screams and crying. Physically sick feeling came right back.
Sometimes I think I'm a bad mama for not staying in the room with them, but other times I try to convince myself that the medical world is daddy's forte and he knows how to handle the babes in this very intense situation.
Either way -- it worked out this time and the nurses PROMISED this would be the worst appointment ... as in the "mother" of all appointments when it comes to shots. Whew....that's a darn good thing.
Of course we were excited to learn how much the girls had grown since their 9 month appt....
Ms. K's 13 month stats:
Weight: 24 pounds 1 ounce (75-90%)
Height: 30.75 inches (75-90%)
Head size: 46cm (50-75%)
Ms. R's 13 months stats:
Weight: 22 pounds 15 ounces (50-75%)
Height: 30.25 inches (50-75%)
Head size: 45.5cm (50-75%)
After the appointment we headed home and the girls took a great nap. They woke up in pretty good spirits and so we took them out for pizza at our favorite local pizza place. I meant to snap a few pics -- but it just didn't happen. We love this place because we order before we leave home and they have it all hot and ready for us when we arrive!! We've learned this is a great way to be able to eat out with the girls -- and -- just like their mama -- they LOOOOOOOOOOOVE pizza.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
I wish my boys loved pizza... they have no idea what they are missing. It's awesome that you can order ahead of time and have it ready when you arrive! It's so hard trying to occupy two toddlers while waiting for food to get to the table.
ReplyDeletePizza is fab huh? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, sounds like they are doing awesome!!