I can definitely already tell.... I'm going to be one of those mom's, when her child is performing in any capacity (music, sport, academic).... I will NOT be able to hide my pride.
I am certain I made a fool of myself last night -- as I watched the twins perform in their Pre-school Christmas concert.
I was seated in the middle of the audience ... I could see them perfectly, and they could see me too.
If you glanced at my face.... you would have seen how much I was enjoying watching them.... catching both HUGE smiles and tears.
I really can't come up with anything that compares to the feeling of pride for your children. It kind of takes over - mind, body, heart & soul.
I was unsure how it would all play out - considering last year they barely squeaked out a note at this very same concert.
At that time ... they were wee little 3 year olds with big eyes and silent mouths as they saw the big crowd in front of them.
But this year.... they've been belting out the songs at home after practicing every Monday, at school.
That was part of my emotion too ... just realizing how much difference a year can truly make.
I was pretty confident they would sing, but you just never know!
To say they far exceeded my expectations... is well, the truth!
They were so enthusiastic and this year I don't think they missed a note!!!
Along with their class, they sang about ten holiday songs.... some familiar, others I didn't even know!
They give each child a special part - the twins were "bell ringers" for the song Silver Bells.
I mentioned on facebook ... I was literally between "perma-smile" and "proud as a peacock" tears during the entire performance.
I loved every single moment and only wished it would have gone on longer!
The girls were blessed to have both sets of Grandparents on hand to listen, too!!
It was a bitter cold night - but the warmth inside that little church was enough to keep us all toasty!
After the concert the kids have the opportunity to talk with Santa.
Again - last year this was a "no-go" with my girls.
They wanted to peek, but would not go near.... which was completely fine.
This year, however - they were ready.
Ready to meet Santa live and in person and share their hopes and dreams with him.
Ms. A would not sit on his lap, but when she saw him come in during the concert (he was part of one of the songs) - she darn near stole the whole show!!
Her excitement was incredible!!! I am hoping one of the grandparents caught that on film!
What a blessed way to officially kick off this holiday season.
With our tree & decorations up ... we are definitely feeling in the spirit now - and look forward to celebrating both old and new traditions as we journey through this Christ-filled month.
Tis the season!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

Oh my goodness that's adorable! I am so happy all went well...our preschool concert is next Wednesday!
ReplyDelete