Yes - there are rare, beautiful, amazing stints where NO ONE is ailing.... but with little people .... those seem few and far between.
As winter settles in.... holidays approach.... and germs abound - there's no escaping illnesses.
It's just part of life and especially life with little people.
We've had our fair share of symptoms around here the last month or so.
Runny noses, pink eye, lots of sneezing, barky coughs, tummy aches and our littlest with some pretty nasty teething woes.
So, along with all of that the hubs & I have had much daily chatter about these things as he checks in with how things are going.
I had to (DIE) laughing today when I overheard the twins talking.
It went something like this.... oh, and picture them sitting at the kitchen table talking very casually while coloring....
Ms. K... "How's your tummy, R?"
Ms. R..... "It's still bad, really bad"....
Ms. K.... "I'm sorry honey ... what can I do to help you?"...
Ms. R... "I don't know, maybe get my blankie"...
Ms. K.... "Do you think it's worse than yesterday?"
Ms. R.... "Yes, I do"...
Ms. K.... "I'm thinking we're gonna have to take you in"....
Ms. R... "Ya"..
Ms. K... "And Ms. A, too - she's getting a mouth full of teeth ---- but I just have a cough so I'm good".
Ms. R.... "My tummy comes and goes, so we'll see"..
Ms. K... "Ya, .. I think mom should call dad"....
Ms. R.... YELLING FOR ME ... "Mom.... call dad. Tell him I can't have milk anymore and my tummy comes and goes"....
Sure, honey -- I'll get right on that. I have no doubt Dad will want the scoop.
I can't make this stuff up - it was so matter of fact... and they were dead serious.
They had no clue I was even listening and it both warmed my heart and cracked me up at the exact same time!!
It's too much -- it's just TOO much....these little people.
As hubs would say -- Ms. K is mommy's mini-me.
You think?!?!?!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Hahahaha! Love it!!
ReplyDelete