Monday, January 06, 2014

Too cool for school.

Literally.

It's too cold to go to school... or pretty much anywhere for that matter.

Temp with windchill - 48 degrees BELOW zero.

Quite a way to welcome in a New Year ... with temps we hearty Minnesotans can most certainly handle..... from the comforts of our warm home with a cup of coffee and warm piece of banana bread in hand.

Ya, that way.

The twins follow a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday preschool schedule so they are home with me today.

As we marched up to bed last night I said.... No school tomorrow means we clean, clean, clean and organize!

They looked at me like I was a bit nutty.... which made me giggle.

Took me about 2 hours to get rolling this morning - but once I did we were full speed ahead.

Spent the next four hours with my nose buried in 3 little girls' closets and one hall closet.

It's funny how each of their closets are filled with different things.

Clothes, of course..... but I've found homes for random things in each one.

Today I was feeling especially purge-full - doubt that's a word, but hey - roll with it please.

Things I've overlooked for years... literally YEARS caught my eye today and seems it's time to bid farewell to some of that stuff.

It's good for the soul - closet cleansing.

I just wish someone paid me to do it.... maybe I should start a business called "Closet Cleansing".

I digress...

It always amazes me how when I get busy into a big project like this my girls suddenly find things to do and pretty much let me work.

They uncover hidden treasures, toys that have been lost, and even empty boxes to play in.

It's fabulous and really should motivate me to do more of this type of thing.

I feel the same way with cleaning -- once I get rolling they get up and get moving, too.

Good advice for new moms (especially of multiples).... sitting in the living room with them all begging for your attention is almost the worst scenario.

Once I'm up and on my feet .... they kinda realize it's no fun to sit on the floor and whine.

But the time finally came when all three girls were literally biting my arms and legs off .. I realized it was probably time for some lunch.

It was 1 o'clock after all.

Hard to stop when you're on a pitch & ditch roll.

So - that's how we're spending our "too cool for school" day..... and we'll probably be doing more of the same tomorrow.

I've got my eye on our bathroom closet and cabinets.

Products, lotions, and fragrances oh my!

Time to be out with the old and in with the new!

Which by the way -- HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my readers.... hopefully there are a few of you left!

I hope where ever you are..... you are warm.... and if it's in a tropical location with a beach and a cold beverage.... I don't want to know.

Talk to you soon.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I was complaining about our temperatures here! (14 degrees, which is really cold for us southerners!). I would definitely pay you to do some closet cleansing around here...I hate doing it but LOVE the feeling afterwards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No preschool for us, today, either! I did no cleaning like you described, but I DID build a giant fort covering the twins' bedroom with sheets and clothespins! That lasted most of the morning and then I managed to organize one small cupboard that unearthed long lost play doh. Can't wait for Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete