On January 10th, 2013........ hubs accepted his long anticipated first "real" job.
The job he'd been preparing for, for the better part of 15 years.
Today marks one year later .... ONE WHOLE YEAR.
I kinda feel like I'm getting to that stage in life where I can honestly say ... time flies.
I mean yes, we all say it -- but I no longer look at the clock or the calendar and think anything but how fast it's going.
When the twins were age {birth - 2} .... I can now admit -- time often went very slow.
I was alone a lot - with two needy babies and kinda wanted to scream.
I looked at the clock & calendar often - mostly anticipating hubby's arrival home from work or waiting a for day someone had volunteered to come help me with the girls.
But now - every single day races by. I can't seem to get enough done ... and each night falls faster than the one before.
Thinking back to when I was waaaaaaaay younger.... I admittedly watched the calendar and clock as a student and even an employee.
Time would drag on in those areas of my life.... simply because I was excited to get onto the next thing, whatever that may be.
I think that's what starkly changes when you have kids.
Yes, at times... you are excited to move through a tough phase/stage (esp in those early years).... but after that you wish time would actually stop.
Hubs and I just had a conversation yesterday about how we try to be champions for people thinking about getting married, having a baby or who are in the newness of those phases of life.
Too often.... we hear the negative or concerning comments such as ... "You think it's hard now... JUST WAIT til they are in school ... or teenagers..... or driving....."...
Those comments are not helpful and often somewhat hurtful because it causes worry and uncertainty.
Hubs and I have both gotten our fair share of these kinds of comments because we have twins.
Just as we had NO CLUE what having two babies would be like..... we also have NO CLUE what having two or three teenage daughters will be like.
It will be a mix of endless emotions of all spectrum, I'm sure.
But - as time continues to pass I'd much prefer to just enjoy what we have, now.
I will often talk with new moms... either in our neighborhood, on Facebook, at the gym.... and I'm always careful to try and share all the good things that are right around the corner.
Because there are .... way more good things than tough things.... and with how fast these last 365 days have flown..... I'm confident every parent wants to relish the moment.
I feel like people who are thinking about having children may be skeptical ... thinking it's all filled with poo diapers, tantrums, sleepless nights, and sassy attitudes.
I promise you -- it's NOT.
Just last night -- the girls and I were hanging out.... daddy was getting home late.
We had dinner and snuggled in on the couch. I turned to find them all in a sweet embrace.
This is my life - 365 days of every year.
As tired and weary as I grow some days...... it's the life God planned for me and I'm doing my best not to let Him down by rushing through it.
Love only multiplies - and this is my living proof.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment