
And I remind myself DAILY....
That same determination will serve them well when....
They are steps away from finishing their first marathon...
They are memorizing their lines for the school play...
They are learning the difference between right and wrong...
They are studying for the ACT's...
They are overcoming fears...
They are learning to ride their first bike...
They encounter people who doubt them...
They are going away to college...
They are having their first baby..
I remind myself that same determination will allow them the will to do anything... Even if it feels like the impossible in that moment.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
I have been thinking the exact same thing the last couple days. I can't even count how many times a day I think "God, please grant this mama patience"!
ReplyDeleteA great reminder! I tell myself that I'm glad my girls are not just totally submissive...that they challenge authority...that they're not just lemmings. As you said, it will serve them well one day soon. But in the meantime, could they just pick up their dishes the first time I ask them? Hahahaha!!!
ReplyDeleteThis made me snort! I can so relate! My soot covered girls are just as determined about our unused fireplace :)
ReplyDelete