Monday, June 27, 2011

Reflections

It's been about 7 hours since the hubs and pooch piled into the (very full) Uhaul and headed West.

This past week of moving prep has been......interesting!

And as I sit back and reflect ... my initial thoughts stem back to...

The many short or sleepless nights.... The stress.... The sore feet and back.... The darn skunk who sprayed our dog at 10pm.... The big hole in the moving truck.... Having to find a new moving truck in very short order.... The disagreements on what to pack and what to leave behind.... The girls and pooch who were in a constant state of flux.... The stubbed toes.... The financial concerns.

But after reflecting on all of that ... which is a very real part of our story ... I find myself focusing more on something else... Something even more real.

OUR FAMILY.

Every single member of our family has been vital to making our move happen. I'm not exaggerating....EVERY person in both of our families helped us in their own special ways.

I could not begin to name all the things our families have done for us. The list is literally endless!!

As we begin our new adventure.... We will hopefully have some amazing experiences that involve new and wonderful people.... Who will also become part of our story.

And, as I reflect back one year from now... I know people near and far... will be a part of making it bearable to be away from "home".

Reflection seems so important because it helps me see what life is really all about.

It helps me be a better person... So at the end of it all...when I look in the "mirror of life" I will see the reflection of a God-loving and serving person... Whose family taught her the meaning of selflessness.

Thank you, family, ...... with all of my heart for your endless support. You are the most loving, giving, beautiful people in our lives.

And .... Some sweet faces captured during moving prep!!









































If I'm unable to blog the rest of this very busy week.... Don't you worry... We'll see you soon.... from the other side of the country!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes on a great move! Can't wait to see your new digs on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a GREAT trip out to your new home! This is one heck of an adventure for your family!!

    We will miss you here in MN, but looking forward to staying connected and seeing you when you return!

    ReplyDelete