Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Our "temporary" home ---- (picture overload)

Hellooooooooooooooooooo FAMILY and FRIENDS!!

Oh....how we miss you!!

First things first..............

WE ALL MADE IT IN ONE PIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are now in our -- new and temporary -- home.

And, we are thanking our God for His love and guidance throughout this entire process. 

To be completely honest....the stories of our travels and "settling in" are endless.  The laughter and smiles (and tears) along the way -- also endless......

But - I wanted to give everyone back at home a peek into our new life and what we've been "up to"!!

As things continue to settle down (haha) I plan to do some back tracking and story telling about our adventures. 

For now -- here is a dose of our crew as we drove/flew across country and started to settle in.

EnJOY!!!!!!!!!!

The morning of our first airplane ride....we were up early!
Sweet Ms. R...
Our airport drop off crew!!
In the terminal --- meaning we made it THAT far!!
Sweet Ms. K taking a breather -- this is hard work!
Ms. R happy as a clam with Grandma on the plane (after an almost 2 hour nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Mama happy as a clam as Ms. K FINALLY fell asleep (after a two hour battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
A very sweet reunion -- daddy and papa missed their girls!!
We now live on a hill!
A few pics of our new digs!
VERY different from back home...

 But -- thankfully starting to "feel" like home...
 Time for some celebratory champagne!!
Mr. hank -- surprisingly adjusting quite well ... although in this pic he is giving me that look --  like, where in the H*** am I, mama????

I've asked myself the same thing a few times this week too!
Our new outside space....taking some getting used to.
 Digging in the dirt!
We ALL pitched in to help make things feel just right  -- thanks Ms. R!! :)
Park time with the Papas!!  Just STRAIGHT up the hill from our house.

A very tired mama and baby needing some dinner.
A very tired daddy and baby -- also needing dinner. :-)
Lemons for the first time.  Ms. K thought it was a hoot!
Ms. R protesting her meal, per usual.
Such a happy girl, though!!
We couldn't miss the 4th of July festivities.  Here we are at the kiddie parade!
And later -- indulging with some red, white and blue dessert!!
Yummy in my tummy!!
A whip cream nose is a CUTE nose for sure!!
Certainly -- after all of Grandma's cooking and treats this week -- it's a darn good thing mama will be busting her bootie going UP HILL everywhere we go this year!
All pics courtesy of Grandpa C!!

As I said -- many other fun pics and stories to share....but wanted to check in, say hello and let you know we are doing well.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, thoughts, and prayers as we traveled.  We could definitely feel your love.

More to come soon -- I promise!

LOVE YOU ALL!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

4 comments:

  1. Very excited for you! I'm sure the year will fly by and you'll be back "east" before you know it! Looks like a very cute place you have! And hill workouts are the best! ;) Enjoy and God bless you all in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your family on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thrilled to check your blog and see photos and get the update! I am so glad you are settling in, as for settling down, not sure that will ever happen at this age :)

    Enjoy your adventure, we can't to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad to hear you guys moved safely!! I miss you my friend!! Don't forget we moved to wordpress!
    your new house looks beautiful, and it will become more "home" just give it time. :)

    ReplyDelete