Thursday, July 14, 2011

What's been goin' on....

Well... It's been exactly 2 weeks since our move and I wanted to bring you up to date with our day to day happenings around here. As I type this...I'm sitting in our living room and all is quiet. Girls are asleep, daddy off studying at the coffee shop and Hank-dog snoring at my feet. :-)

The "quiet" is welcome "noise" for me. After long days.... I try to soak up a little time to just be still. Our household is so busy throughout the day. It's a "noise" I will one day long for, I'm sure.

Speaking of busy... The girls and I try to stay very busy each day. I find when I have a "plan" for the next day in mind ... things seem to run more smoothly and I feel more accomplished.

Typically I've been getting up with the hubs to let Hank out and after he leaves I get ready for the day. It's early, but this way I at least get a shower! A few mornings this week the girls were up equally as early which made for very long days. But the last 2 mornings have been better. I pray this is a sign the sleeping Gods have returned. ;)

After breakfast ... The girls get dressed and then we prep to head out. Twice this week we were invited out. A neighbor took us to the Children's Museum on Wednesday. And, a friend I met at the park invited me to her mom's group this morning. What a blessing!! We also do simple stuff like go to parks, walk around the lake, or hit up the community center.

After a bite of lunch the girls nap around 12:30 or 1.

Mama then takes a minute to breathe, tend to Hank, tidy, start dinner or just plain collapse. I wish I could blog everyday at naptime but there is just so much to do!

After naps the girls and I head out on our daily walk. I really enjoy this time of day. The girls are cooperating for the most part and I think it's because there is so much to observe as we walk. It warms my heart as to how many genuine smiles we get from people we meet along the way. And, often the girls are waving and chatting. People with dogs get the big cheers from the girls. I always think (hope) to myself... perhaps their sweetness just made a difference in someone's day. :)

The hubs has been putting in some longer days this week. We try to wait on him for dinner if we can. We've enjoyed eating as a family for the first time ever, really. The hubs just wasn't home for dinner the last several years and so this has been a special addition to our evenings.

After dinner it's the usual bath and books and bedtime. But... a few times this week the hubs has sent me away to have time for myself. He loves the time with the girls and I love the time away!! We are going to try and do this a few times a week. It will help me for sure. Just tonight ... I went UP THE BIG HILL to our local farmer's market!! Brought home yummy and fresh produce! What a treat! This will hopefully be a weekly outing for me!!

Overall... Work is going really well for the hubs. He has already learned so much!! He brought me up to speed last night and I was very encouraged by what he has absorbed in such a short time!

I think if I had to point out a highlight of our move so far... It would definitely be having more family time. The girls ADORE their daddy and I love when we are all together.

This has gotten quite long... But I can't close without some pics of our time at the parks, on our playdates, hanging out by the canal watching boats and just having fun!



 













Hope this helps provide a glimpse into our everyday lives in our new home away from home.

We (I) am taking it one day (and sometimes hour) at a time to stay the course, stay patient with my babes and to remain faithful that everyday is new and a step closer to our goal.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment