If you follow me on Facebook .. you've likely already seen this picture, but I had to document it here so I never forget the hilarity of it all.
I'll set the stage with the photo, first...
Yes -- that is Ms. K on the changing table ... and yes, it's Ms. R -- STANDING in the drawer in preparation to change Ms. K.
Things were a little quiet downstairs - always my prompt to check things out. When I "hear" silence ... I usually sneak downstairs to see what's up.
As I neared Ms. K's room .. I could "smell" someone needed to be changed.
Always a little unsettling when they've been playing independently for 10 minutes...
When I peeked in -- I found Ms. R doing just that - about 1 second away from ripping off Ms. K's diaper and changing her.
I literally gasped and fell over dead with laughter at the same time.
It's one of those pictures I'll have in my head forever - because they were completely serious about this.
Somehow Ms. K climbed up on the table ... and Ms. R then took the hint she needed to be changed.
They didn't want me to help one little bit.
Ms. R's famous saying when she doesn't want me or her daddy to know what she's up to is ... "go that way".... meaning leave me alone because I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be doing.
As soon as she spotted me ..... she said ... "GO THAT WAY".
I was in stitches -- thinking of what a perk it "could" be for them to change each other....... ha, ha, ha!
Clearly - not reality -- but an interesting thought non the less.
I know we've been busy around here with the new baby and all -- but I didn't think we were slacking on diaper changing duty.
Apparently -- the big girls feel differently and have found a new way to get it done.
If only, right??
I don't think I'm getting out diaper changing that easily.... although I will admit it would be NICE!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

That is hysterical! I love it!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! That would be GREAT if they could change each other...or potty train themselves as I keep praying for!!
ReplyDelete