Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's where I've been...

For the past (almost) 3 weeks ... I've been sandwiched between a special and unique place.

The place between "needing" a mom -- and "being" a mom.

That is EXACTLY where I've been.

And - I'm one of the lucky ones who has a mama who is still being an amazing mom to me.

She always will -- I have no doubt.

For the past weeks ... I've rarely lifted a finger -- to make meals, do laundry, bathe my children or do much of anything around my house.

Because of my mom -- I was afforded time to bond with my new baby girl ... rest ... and recover.

What a gift.....or should I say -- what gifts!

Somehow -- she just knows what to do and when...

She just knows.

It's the kind of knowing I hope I have one day .... to help my own girls through life's transitions.

It's one of the special blessings of having all these girls -- hoping and praying I can be part of their "mom sandwich" one day.

After all -- I've had the perfect role model.

It's no surprise ... we were so busy while my mom was here -- we rarely took a photo -- but I feel like this one captures her time with us perfectly.

Juggling many balls in the air -- not sweating it one little bit.
She's what you'd call a "professional mom"!!

Today "Gamma" had to travel back home....and of course tears were shed....we're going to miss her dearly!

But -- it's more than about just missing her .. it's about gratitude for the time we spent.  Knowing this time in my life is one I'll always look back and remember how I felt that "in between" feeling.  That special feeling of needing my mom so much -- and yet wanting to be "that" mama to my own girls.

What a blessed place to be.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama (and the daughter!!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. That perfectly describes how I felt when I brought the girls home...my home was with me for 2 weeks and without her I'm not sure any of us would have made it!! You are very blessed to have such a helpful mom (and sounds like you know it!) Can't wait to see more pictures of your trio! (Oh wow, you have a trio and not a duo now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement! So glad your mom has been able to visit as often as she has. It's hard to complain about being so far away when Hubs and I are the ones who decided to do this move, and I'm sure you know what I mean...but that doesn't make it easier! As for potty training, everyone tells me the longer you wait, the easier it is, and that girls are easier than boys, so I assume it will go very quickly for you when you do it! Yes, we had a wonderfully mild winter, but it will gorgeous upon your June homecoming! And congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete