Thursday, August 09, 2012

five months of LOVE.

This face... (and silly little tongue)....
... the PERFECT combo to bring smiles to this {very tired} mama's face -- ALL DAY LONG!

I've said it a gaaah-zillion times over (and I'll say it again) ... but I am just completely baffled at how we ever, ever survived without this little honey pie in our lives.

She lights up every single room with her infectious SMILE and I simply cannot get enough.
It's like a drug!
You just crave more, more, more!
She's just a happy baby!
And, my own face can't help but beam when she flashes me her famous smile when she's heard my voice or seen my face. -- it's as if she's just won a million bucks!

With all my heart - I can say ... there is NOTHING better than that.

Nothing.

It's another one of those awesome paybacks for being the mama.

This was a great month for Ms. A.  She continues to grow and learn so much.

She has officially started rolling from back to front and back again.  There is no time for take our eyes off her anymore.

She is grabbing for anything and everything she can.  If I am holding something in my hands (perhaps a can of diet coke) she is grabbing for it immediately.  She seems to be noticing food a little bit more, lately.  We've yet to try any solids - truth be told ... mama's not ready!

She wants everything in her mouth - pronto!  We keep thinking a tooth might be ready to pop through with all the drooling, but so far we're just seeing her gums when she smiles and I'm OK with that.

She loves to blow bubbles with her little lips.  It's actually her favorite thing to do right now and she makes the sweetest noises.  The hubs and I just listen and giggle.  LOVE it.

She continues to amaze everyone with her chubby {little} thighs.  I think they are perfect!!

When she wakes in the morning or after a nap -- this girl is all smiles.  I am so thankful.
She has really become smitten with her sisters and in particular Ms. R this month.

Ms. R has become very helpful when Ms. A needs a little TLC over the past month.  She runs over to her and does anything she can to distract her.  Once in awhile she's a little "much", but most often her dancing, singing and just plain silliness is enough to change Ms. A's tune.  I've loved watching them bond.  Ms. R comes up with little games to make Ms. A giggle.  She'll use toys or blankets or whatever she can find.

Ms. R has always been our snuggler and so naturally she loves to snuggle up to her baby sister.

Ms. K is more the caretaker when it comes to Ms. A.  She is concerned with her diaper changes, her baths, and if she hears even a peep out of Ms. A's room she is sprinting to open her door (can be a little challenging at times for mama)!  Ms. K means well though and is first to tell me if she thinks Ms. A needs some tending to.
It's been so amazing to watch my two little mama's and how their sister responds to them individually.  As with most things - they are very different in caring for her, but both have a genuine concern for her well being.  It's beautiful how that relationship is just innate.

On her 5 month birthday I did a little impromptu photo shoot in our front yard.  We decided she should sport her watermelon bathing suit since we think she is just a lithe slice of heaven here on earth.

Here are a few pictures from her actual 5 month birthday.
 She really enjoyed the grass on her nose and toes!
 Our smiley, happy girl.
She took the blades of grass in her hands and studied them.  Of course she wanted to put them in her mouth and chew on them, too!
As summer begins to wind down ... I am savoring my baby in her sweet little onsies (some handed down from her sisters and cousins).  I am savoring keeping her up a little later at night because we're enjoying being outside while the neighbors come by and want to hold her.  I am savoring our alone time together in her nursery while daddy and the big sisters are still outside playing.  I am savoring absolutely everything I possibly can.... and when I get a little down because it's flying by too fast -- I just look over and see her smile and am so thankful I've got that to hold onto forever and ever and ever.
 With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

*disclaimer: this post is a few days late because daddy has been tirelessly working on a presentation and has had the computer at work.  he's presenting as we speak -- hope it's going well for him!*


1 comment:

  1. Her smile is truly precious! And I love hearing how her big sissies relate to her. That's priceless. :) :) So glad to hear you're doing so well (even if you are one tired mama!)!

    ReplyDelete