Thursday, September 06, 2012

6 months of LOVE.

Half a year old.

My baby girl.
I love this picture of you because it's truly YOU.

Tongue out.

Eyes WIDE.

Chattering away.

Just beautiful YOU.
And as you've rounded the first half of your first year -- you want NOTHING to do with being still.  Nada.

In fact - you spend most of your time (on the floor) rockin' away on all fours, doing flip flops from tummy to back and back to tummy, scooting backward ... and trying your hardest to sit back up when you fall.

And - you're - close.

So close.

But I have news for you baby girl -- you're still the little sister and you're still my baby.

My heart be still - I have learned so much in the past 6 months.

I have learned life will not stop for a mama whose heart aches every time she thinks about her baby growing up..... literal, painful heart ache.

I have learned that as much as routine and structure can make the world go round -- sometimes you just gotta roll. It's OK to spend half the day playing on the floor with you and your sisters and naps will work their way into our day one way or another.

I have learned there is absolutely nothing better than your wide, gum-filled grin to make life feel perfect even on the very imperfect days.

I have learned you are going to be as busy as your sisters and then some ... I can not take my eyes off of you for one little moment.

I have learned and watched the true bond between siblings - and have come to cherish my own siblings even more because of how you and your sisters love on each other.

I have learned that capturing three smiles at the same time on film is a genuine miracle.
I have learned how to juggle caring for all three of my girls - who have very different needs - often at the very same time.

I have learned God does not give us more than we can handle -- although I check in with Him on that sentiment almost daily.

I have learned having a sweet baby in our home - having YOU in our home - is how God intended it to be, right now.

I have learned being a mama - is the best gift in the world.... and even though it challenges me to my absolute core.... I could not feel more smothered in love.

Which leads me to you - sweet baby ..... what I hope you know and feel more than anything else in this world is LOVED.
Loved by each and every single person who lays eyes on you..... your whole family, endless friends and neighbors and even perfect strangers at the grocery store.  When you flash your smile and bat your big blue eyes -- everyone falls deeply, madly in LOVE.

It's time now to embark on part 2 of year 1.... and I have no doubt your rays of sunshine will only grow brighter as each day passes by.

My heart be still sweet baby - I love you more than all the sand on the beach and stars in the sky.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!







2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. She's so precious. I absolutely love the picture of all three of them. My girls have just recently figured out the whole "cheese" aspect of taking pictures. I'm looking to you for words of wisdom once this little angel arrives. Up for being a mentor?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and watching your sweet girlies grow! They are just precious!!!

    ReplyDelete