Thursday, September 20, 2012

BERRY fun BIRTHDAY BASH!

We celebrated the twins 3rd birthday "Strawberry Shortcake" style!!

When I began thinking about planning their birthday -- Ms. Strawberry was front and center in their lives.... and I was certain it would be a very SWEET day, indeed!

The planning began long before their party -- the implementation of all the plans.... well, those were mostly down to the wire!

I guess it's just par for our busy life, but somehow I always manage to plan more than I actually have time for.  I'd say "lesson learned", but I actually really doubt I'll ever learn.

I love party planning and especially when it comes to whooping it up for my girls!

The colors for the day were based on their dresses - which of course featured Ms. Shortcake herself.

And -- if I'm being TOTALLY honest .. we almost had a complete disaster (dramatic, much?) the day before the party when the girls tried on their dresses and had a TOTAL MELTDOWN because they didn't like how they felt.  They didn't like the halter top feel! :/
 I bribed them with a mini snicker bar to even let me take these pics.  Just keepin' it real people!
In the meantime - Mama had a meltdown TOO. I so badly wanted them to wear these dresses and of course I didn't have a backup plan.

All three of us were basically throwing a big ole' tantrum in the living room.

They were trying to get the dresses off -- I was trying to keep them on -- meanwhile going through my mind was ... "the party is ruined".... because everything was planned around the dresses (which I purchased on Etsy, btw).

Yes, mama was on the brink of exhaustion from cleaning and prepping and yes the girls were on the brink of exhaustion from a long week at school.

So, we regrouped. 

The girls agreed to wearing tank tops under their dresses and I agree to look the other way when I knew it wouldn't look 'quite' right, but I had to LET IT GO!

Saturday morning arrived and mommy and daddy set out to do their respective party-prep jobs (which could not be more different) ... and when the girls woke from naps it was time to PAR-TAY!

Sadly ... no pics of all the decor put together... the table was only half complete and we didn't get a pic of the birthday wreath I spent (way too much time) on, but hey -- this is what we've got! And, it's all thanks to Grandpa C because I took absolutely no pictures that day.

Hope you enjoy a peek into the girls special day!
I made a new twist on puppy chow -  cake batter puppy chow! Not a morsel left at the end of the night! Yay!

We also had strawberry shortcake kabobs, mini rice crispy bars dipped in pink chocolate, pretzel rods coated in white chocolate and sprinkles (thanks Grauntie) as well as lots of other sugary treats! Let's say the kids were BOUNCING!
Supposed to be strawberries ... looked a little more like red grapes...? Still cute!

LOTS of cake!
Pictures of the girls throughout the year!
Papa R doing some last minute party prep!
The Grandma's -- they keep the party running smoothly!
The big 3 years old emerge!! A mix of overwhelmed (by all the awesome guests) and excited!!
Our "baby" berry (and her tongue)!
Ms. K - my first born!
She could not WAIT to dig into the cake!
Ms. R taste testing, first!
Gift opening!
So many AWESOME, WONDERFUL, THOUGHTFUL gifts!! We are so blessed!
Trying to help Ms. K read her handmade card from a friend.  I don't want them to overlook those special gifts!
A fun baseball game in the backyard.  The kids had a blast! Thanks Uncle M & Uncle C!!
Ms. K summoning Ms. R into the house (from the game) for gift opening! Check out her shades!
Grandpa C and his girl. :)

Great Aunt J and Ms. A.  They had some good bonding during the party!
Sweet cousins!
Grantie and GG!
GG taking it all in!!
A sweet and (RARE) moment when Ms. R was still.  She loves her Auntie J!!
Kisses for GG!
Lovin' on baby A!
Such happy girls! Such blessed girls! Such BIG girls!
SUCH a blurried eyed.... and TIRED mama trying to hold a conversation at the end of the night. HA HA!!!
Birthdays only come once a year -- thank goodness!! Because it has pretty much knocked me out of commission for the majority of this week.  Cleaning up, organizing, etc!!!

But - I would not change any of it.  I love the planning, the prep and we love to entertain a crowd!

We hope everyone had a good time - the weather was PERFECT.... and especially because we could enjoy the party on our new deck!

Time now to enjoy these little 3 year olds.... so much ahead in the coming year!  I am finally starting to grasp the immense difference one short year can make in the development of little people!

Thanks to EVERYONE who came to whoop it up - shortcake style!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a really good party. I think I saw smiles all through except for one picture...so I think Mama did a great job!!! :) Happy Birthday sweet girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, we love Strawberry Shortcake around here too! What a fun party! I love those dresses, but have also had my best laid plans foiled by 3 year olds on many an occasion! I think the tank tops were a perfect solution! (Is it just us twim mamas that do a run through of the wardrobe at least a day before a big event?! haha, because I so do that too!). I loved everything about this, and beautiful girls (all of you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday girls! Looks like you had fun. I have one that refuses to wear buttons, so Sundays are rough. I held up pj's at a store and said, do you like these? and with the scorn of a teenager, he said, "It has BUTTONS" Love those 3 year olds!

    ReplyDelete