I've known it from day one... but so many people notice it.
Your sweetness... it just spills out of you.
Your sweetness... it just spills out of you.
Let me begin with a story. A story that will vividly help me remember your 11 month old self.
We were visiting some friends recently. They have a baby girl just a few weeks older than you.
They hadn't seen you walking yet -- so I put you down to show them your new found skill.
You immediately spotted their baby girl -- she was perched up against the couch.
You took off - practically running toward her... stretched out your arms all along the way ... and embraced her as if you were long lost best pals.
You hugged her tightly with your head on her shoulder.
And then you took your sweet little hand and patted her back ever so gently.
SWEETNESS.
You define it.
You define it.
You knew just what you wanted to do when you saw your little friend.
Forever in my mind, baby girl.
You just have a way with people.
As I type ... I feel the tears coming on....
As I've written your monthly posts this past year.... I've often thought about this one.
Probably because I knew it would be difficult for me to write.
Probably because I knew I would be filled with a mix of gratitude and sadness.
I have never in my life felt time slip away so quickly as it has this past year.
As a more seasoned mama, this time, I truly get the fleeting nature of life.
There is no time to take for granted.
I've spent as much extra time snuggling with you, holding you, and watching you sleep as I possibly could.
I've kept you up late.... just wanting more time with you... just loving your presence in our family.
I've kept you up late.... just wanting more time with you... just loving your presence in our family.
This - because I know time will pass without my permission --
And, as much as you will do amazing things and I will feel blessed to witness all THOSE moments....
And, as much as you will do amazing things and I will feel blessed to witness all THOSE moments....
I will miss THESE moments.
But, that's OK.
It's OK to be filled with both gratitude and sadness.
As I watched and cheered you on as your took your first steps this month... the mix of emotion was just the same.
So proud, so happy, ... yet heartsick to see my crawling baby set sail.
It's what I've realized is the recipe for motherhood.....
The combination of excitement for what's to come, yet allowing your heart to hurt a bit for moments gone by.
With each passing day you are becoming more and more a part of the "gang" around here.
You are keeping up with your sisters more than ever before.
Your ability to walk has improved ten fold since you took your first steps.
Your balance and coordination are remarkable.
Your sisters are highly impressed, too.
You bring out the very best in them and it makes me so proud.
Just today.... Ms. K couldn't find you. She was worried.
I'd left you downstairs for one minute as I grabbed some laundry.
Ms. K immediately stopped what she was doing and said.... "I have to go check on Ms. A".
And off she went to find you.
Seeing your sisterly bonds grow is truly what makes this mothering gig feel like the most important job in the world.
The more LOVE we show you.... the more you understand love and express it between one another.
You've also joined forces with your sisters in greeting your daddy when he arrives home from work.
You are right there in line with your arms outstretched.
You can imagine his delight.
You have recently cut your two top teeth -- all the while smiling through the pain.
You are a near perfect sleeper.... two good naps during the day and 11-12 straight hours at night.
How did I get so lucky?
I ask myself that so many times a day.
You are my little pancake loving babe.... you'd eat 3 or 4 a day if I let you.
You love your nightly baths.... it's usually just you and me. Special time.
You are a wiggly worm for diaper and clothing changes.....not your favorite activity by any means.
You are -- well, you are MY GIRL.
You've been perched on my hip since the day you were born.
It's like that spot was made for you.
In the months, weeks and days before you were born -- I tired so hard to imagine who you would be.
We didn't even know if you were a boy or a girl.
But God made things ever so clear the moment you were born.
I'll never, ever forget that moment.
I can remember your big eyes looking at me..... as if we both needed a little reassurance.
Yes .... everything is going to be OK, mama.....your beautiful eyes told me.
Thank you for teaching ME that love only multiples and we'll always have enough if we just **believe**.
And you must know ... you'll always be my baby.... forever and always my beautiful baby you'll be.
With love,
Cuz I'm the luckiest mama on earth!
It's what I've realized is the recipe for motherhood.....
The combination of excitement for what's to come, yet allowing your heart to hurt a bit for moments gone by.
With each passing day you are becoming more and more a part of the "gang" around here.
You are keeping up with your sisters more than ever before.
Your ability to walk has improved ten fold since you took your first steps.
Your balance and coordination are remarkable.
Your sisters are highly impressed, too.
You bring out the very best in them and it makes me so proud.
Just today.... Ms. K couldn't find you. She was worried.
I'd left you downstairs for one minute as I grabbed some laundry.
Ms. K immediately stopped what she was doing and said.... "I have to go check on Ms. A".
And off she went to find you.
Seeing your sisterly bonds grow is truly what makes this mothering gig feel like the most important job in the world.
The more LOVE we show you.... the more you understand love and express it between one another.
You've also joined forces with your sisters in greeting your daddy when he arrives home from work.
You are right there in line with your arms outstretched.
You can imagine his delight.
You have recently cut your two top teeth -- all the while smiling through the pain.
You are a near perfect sleeper.... two good naps during the day and 11-12 straight hours at night.
How did I get so lucky?
I ask myself that so many times a day.
You are my little pancake loving babe.... you'd eat 3 or 4 a day if I let you.
You love your nightly baths.... it's usually just you and me. Special time.
You are a wiggly worm for diaper and clothing changes.....not your favorite activity by any means.
You are -- well, you are MY GIRL.
You've been perched on my hip since the day you were born.
It's like that spot was made for you.
In the months, weeks and days before you were born -- I tired so hard to imagine who you would be.
We didn't even know if you were a boy or a girl.
But God made things ever so clear the moment you were born.
I'll never, ever forget that moment.
I can remember your big eyes looking at me..... as if we both needed a little reassurance.
Yes .... everything is going to be OK, mama.....your beautiful eyes told me.
Thank you for teaching ME that love only multiples and we'll always have enough if we just **believe**.
And you must know ... you'll always be my baby.... forever and always my beautiful baby you'll be.
With love,
Cuz I'm the luckiest mama on earth!




She is absolutely precious! Makes me want another one, too :)
ReplyDelete