Saturday, October 19, 2013

Stream of conciousness

It's Saturday - right around noon. Girls and I had a morning out & about at one of those germ-filled kid play spaces.

They made me proud with their behavior and give me courage to try it again, soon.

It's the hubs weekend at work - pretty much dread these days, but then when they actually show up I enjoy them more than I imagined I would.

We grabbed a snack at the germ-filled play space so lunch is pretty much taken care of.

All three girls are coloring... the twins on actual paper, Ms. A on the table itself. :/

I'm thankful the lawn mowing guys just showed up because that means it won't interrupt nap time.

I told myself when I woke up this morning that I would nap right along with the girls today. It's just one of those perfect napping set ups - cold, rain and gray.

I just asked the twins if Ms. A is poopy and in unison (without looking up from their coloring) they said 'yes'.

After this weekend - daddy has several weekends in a row (OFF).  *Smile*

I've been planning a benefit for one of my BFF's mom who is battling cancer.  It's two weeks from tomorrow... GULP.

I just turned the heat on in the garage for the first time this Fall - the girls love to play in there.

The girls and I have been spending a lot of time at the gym, lately.  Continued weight training for my back and getting back into running as I can.  It's one day at time, but slow & steady FINISHES the race (always been my mantra while I run).

We're planning to take the girls to Disney this winter.... lots to think about on that subject.

Now that the twins 4th birthday party is in the books... I'm starting to think about Ms. A's 2nd birthday. I already have my theme.  :)

The hubs and I finally have bedroom furniture.... like REAL furniture.  It's kind of strange walking into our bedroom.  But it's fun.  Now onto some window treatments and decor.  I need to get working on that.

Speaking of rooms....the twins also need bedroom furniture so this is on my brain.  I'm often on pinterest looking for a  cute & cozy room to duplicate.  Hopefully sometime this winter.

We have new neighbors moving in right next door today.  I met them on our way to the play space.  Seem very nice and have an adorable 9 month old daughter.  Thinking about a yummy plate of treats to officially welcome them.

I heard a little Christmas music clip on the radio yesterday.  At first I was like nooooo! But then I thought - what the heck! Might as well embrace it.  The weather will be cold, it's family-time and there's lots of yummy treats.

It's been weeks (if not a few months) since I bought a case of Diet Coke for myself.  I've been trying to kick the habit for... I bet 10 years and I feel like I have a good grasp on it finally.  I still treat myself when I'm out and about once in awhile, but it's just that - a treat. This was inspired by my sister - thanks, J!

We've been trying to explain the "seasons" to the girl to help them better understand why we need to wear long sleeves, socks, boots, etc.  Stepping outside this morning to 40 degrees seemed to help.

Now it's 12:21 and time to move on from coloring... if you know what I mean.

Blogging two days in a row.... this is some kind of miracle.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!






1 comment:

  1. I showed Hubs your new header pic, which is beautiful, by the way, because it looks like just like our boys if they wore pink: one smiling for the camera, one refusing to cooperate but instead plying with the baby, the baby who is totally hilarious! He also said, glad someone is having girls for our boys to marry! Because I Kid you not, the boy girl ratio here (in our church and preschool) must be 4:1!

    ReplyDelete