Sunday, December 19, 2010

LOVE is: sisterhood...

When God created "my" sister....he knew I was going to need her in my life...


He knew I was going to need a very special person to help me through EVERYTHING....

I'm sure it wasn't easy to find someone who could possibly meet the demands of having a sister like ME....

But....

When he hand-picked my sister.....he made the most beautiful, giving, loving human being I know...

Today is my sister's birthday....and I am so grateful for THIS day....

Because .... you see ... she quite literally DEFINES the word sisterhood....

And.....how fortunate -- that I am the recipient of this amazing bond...

She is the kind of sister that just knows what to do - every time - and never bats an eyelash doing it...

She knows when she's needed.....and how to make everything run smoothly....

She is the meaning of true beauty ... inside and out ...

And, she loves unconditionally and gives endlessly of herself....

She is the kind of person who genuinely gets more from "giving" than receiving...

She is organized and responsible and way too darn practical...

All things -- I wish -- I was...

She is a daughter, granddaughter, niece, sister, wife, mama, auntie and dear, dear friend...

And, she ALWAYS has enough room in her heart for all of us...

While growing up I always admired everything about her....

Although ... we never tried to "out-do" each other because we knew we had different strengths....

And...I have to say -- I think I turned out OK despite the fact that I'm not that organized, responsible or practical....

But .... it was all because I was following in the footsteps of someone who was.

My sister has been and always will be there for me....

One of my favorite memories of ALL time ... was the day she sat at the foot of my hospital bed....rubbing my very swollen tootsies ... as we waited for the arrival of our twin girls....

Without a doubt - she was there...


Now if that's not "sisterhood" I'm not quite sure what is....

**tears**

***happy tears***

When it comes to sisters -- God knew I would be a handful .... but he also knew just who could handle the job.

LOVE YOU JEN!!

Happy, Happy Birthday!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

4 comments:

  1. Awww...what a beautiful post. Your sister sounds amazing and you are so lucky to have her and she is lucky to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. It makes me so sad that I don't have a sis. I love my brothers but I wanted a sister my entire life.

    I'm so glad to hear you and your sis have such a great relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am thankful for your sister too! Beautiful post honoring two beautiful sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful post, and your so lucky to have her in your life. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete