Friday, May 27, 2011

Our last day of school

This morning -- as we do every Thursday ... we headed out the door for our weekly ECFE class. 

Ms. K was up first -- and was pleasantly obliging as I dressed her up like a little doll. 

She loves to wear dresses....and prances around the house while twirling around on her tippy toes. 
Ms. R was a bit of a "late bird" today and so we had to hustle her out the door. 

We arrived at class on time, with smiles on our faces, but a bit of sadness in our hearts.

Today was our LAST and final ECFE class.

We will miss our weekly outing and our friends soooooooooooo much. 

Before I go any further -- let's take a little trip down memory lane ::::::

It was January 2010 -- and the girls were just 4 months young.  My loving sister (Auntie J) could see the post-holiday blues setting in on me.  The winter blahs were taking over and she knew I needed something to get me out of the house!

So - she called my local ECFE office and signed us up!!!

I didn't know it then - but it was the very best thing she could have done for me.

Because -- oh my gosh I was beyond a ball of nerves to take on such a class.  Sick with worry about how I would manage the girls in this new and foreign environment -- and on my very own.

In the same moment I was excited -- thrilled to get out, connect with other moms, learn new things and feel a little sense of "normal again".

And, that is exactly what ECFE has done for us.  It gave me some something to look forward to every week.  I knew it was a constant in our lives....I knew I'd be welcomed by smiling faces and open arms - and people I've grown close to over the past year and a half.

Getting out the door to class, at times, was extremely difficult. And, sometimes the moms would look at each other and wonder why we even bothered. I can't tell you the number of times as I walked through the classroom door -- the first thing out of my mouth was ... "Well, at least we made it"! 

But -- in the end as we packed up to go home ... it was always worth the effort.

Here is a peek at our LAST day of class LAST year!

And here we were TODAY..... talk about going from babes to toddlers.
 Can you even believe the DIFFERENCE one (little) year can make??

Well -- I can't!!

It's another wake up call for me to ENJOY them.  They are soooooooooo fun right now!

Here are a few more pics of our special day!

Ms. "no fear"!
Perhaps an artist??
Ms. K waiting patiently for something....perhaps a snack??!!? ;)
Playing in the water table -- hands down their favorite toy at school!
Our lovely teacher - Ms. Beth.  She is a gem!
The BEST I could do of a picture of them together.  They are on the move I tell ya!
It takes my breath away to envision my little babes one year from now -- so I'm just gonna not gonna do that!!

Instead -- live in the moment mama -- and live it up!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment: