Friday, December 14, 2012

WIR - {Week in Review}

Well hello there!

Absolutely no clue where this week went!

Well -- I shouldn't say that... it's been busy to say the least!!

We started off the week with a very big snowfall.. so big in fact daddy was forced to {STAY PUT} on Sunday night which was no fun for any of us as he'd been gone all weekend.

But - the girls and I decided we had no choice but to make the most of it!

We mostly admired the snow from inside... while doing some holiday baking, watching movies and lots of snuggling.  Perfect weather for that.....
Monday morning the snow was piled so high - we decided to skip pre-school... again ... not ideal after a weekend of being shut-in.

But - Ms. R was in the begging stages of a new cold and as we looked outside it just didn't look safe to travel.

I invited myself (YES I DID) over to a neighbor's house for a play date and that literally saved my sanity on that day!

Daddy arrived home Monday night (praise God), but was also battling a nasty sinus cold.

Boo!

Despite not feeling well - daddy was determined to bundle the girls up and take them outside to play in the snow!
The outside play was short-lived, but worth it!

Tuesday morning we woke excited.... for that evening the girls had their "Holiday Preschool Concert".

We spent the morning rehearsing some of their songs (Frosty, Jingle Bells, Here Comes Santa Claus) and right before naps I bathed the girls so they'd be all ready when they woke.
After their bath... we went into Ms. R's room and they both sat very still as I combed and dried their hair.

It was one of those memories I'll hold onto forever..... because let me tell you they rarely sit for anything like that.
Afterward they even allowed me to take pics of their beautiful hair.
Oh my girls -- such fun.
 Here they are just before leaving for the concert.  Sweet little baby girls. :)
The Holiday Concert was a HOOT to say the least.  The girls stood up on the risers and barely squeaked out a note.  I kid you not!!

They were almost shell shocked by all the people I think.

I was proud beyond words though - they stood up there and didn't seem to be scared.

When their eyes met ours they would flash big smiles and then go back to the "shell shocked" look.

They met Santa afterward (Ms. K & Ms. A went up close)... while Ms. R kept her distance.
It was a wonderful, memorable night... and of course the girls started belting out the Christmas tunes as soon as we were in the car!! Of course!!

Wednesday morning - typically a school day, but with so much going on the twins stayed home again.

 I had my first PT session to help with my very frustrating sore back (stemming back 5+ years).

I was pleased with how the appointment went and feel like I will see results if I stick to the plan.

Shortly after - I took a very sad and sick little Ms. A to the doctor to find out she has a double ear infection.

Combined with teething -- she's had a rough week, but last night she seemed to be back to her old self!
Wednesday afternoon the hubs and I took Ms. R to her ENT appt in Minneapolis.  Separate blog post about that forthcoming - but let's just say we felt it went well and have a plan in place that will hopefully help Ms. R's quality of life.
One side note: The ENT doc took one peek in Ms. R's ears and gasped at her raging double ear infection!! We had no clue! What a horrible feeling.

So - by yesterday.... we were pretty much exhausted.  I shuffled the girls off to school (and they were actually excited to go after missing two days) and Ms. A and I just took it easy.

Good thing - because when I picked them up from school I was pretty sure Ms. K had pink eye, again.

Upon closer review .... she most certainly does.

Daddy arrived home last night (after a call shift on Wednesday) feeling very, very sick.  He was up a lot throughout the night and just has a good old fashioned cold.

Today is Friday and the hubs and I are supposed to attend our annual neighborhood Christmas party.

Hoping the hubs feels well enough for that because we are both looking forward to a little "us" time.

After a very busy week that's included a double dose of a double ear infection, one pink eye that's now turned to TWO pink eyes by this morning and a very sick daddy -- we're feeling exhausted but accomplished.  We made it! But only with the help of many and the prayers of many, many more!

I'm thinking about implementing WIR {Week in Review} on Fridays... especially if it's a crazy busy week with little time for blogging.

Here's hoping you had a good week and your CHRISTmas prep is coming right along.......

Which reminds me... I better start that, soon!

Eeek!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


1 comment:

  1. Ugh, what an awful week! And here I am blathering on about me...geez, everyone get well soon. Maybe your family can be healthy by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete