This isn't so unusual, but they were jumping up and down and pointing at their little cubicle, where all of their things are kept during the day.
With my arms full of Ms. A, coats, and hats - my eyes finally made contact with what they were urging me to see.
"I made a present for you mama", said Ms. R.
I literally dropped their coats and hats (but not Ms. A!) -- and handed them their presents so they could explain.
As I bent down to talk with them - they beamed with pride about these special gifts adorned with their first "school-made" ornament.
I was literally gushing and blushing as their big eyes and wide smiles told me how they'd made them for me and for daddy.
I was overcome with tears -- my very first gift from my girls....
My tears caught them by surprise..... so I quickly had to pick up my lip and join in their smiles.
I was just so thankful and I could not contain my emotion.
We loaded up the car and upon arriving home I suggested we put the gifts "up" for safe keeping until daddy came home.
A little bit of their 3 year old selves kicked it at that point..... as they wanted to keep their presents in their company (i.e.. dragging them all around the house).
But - after showing daddy ... we explained we wanted to wait until Christmas to open our special gifts.
Since then - they have been perched up on shelves in their individual bedrooms.
I've heard people refer to moments when they've physically felt their heart melt ... this was one of those times for me.
Unforgettable.... my 3 year old sweet girls with their unedited, genuine excitement about giving me a gift.
And as excited as I am to tear open my very own special gift on Christmas - the truth is ... THEY are my gift.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

So so sweet
ReplyDelete