So.... We had a really great weekend around here.
NO set plans.... other than getting into the Christmas spirit, listening and dancing to holiday tunes and all five of us just being HOME, together.
We're a family on the go -- even during the week... our normal isn't very normal.... daddy works odd hours/shifts... works some weekends..... etc... etc.
So, to have a weekend with no plans is really quite a treat! And, in the month of December!
Anyway... We had a lovely Saturday... spent the morning at home puttering around.... the afternoon picking out our tree and the evening, back at home.
Our 1st annual tree cutting experience was a total blast!
The weather was PERFECT (balmy in December) and so that really sealed the day!
The girls were really excited...... we took a wagon ride out to the tree farm...
And then we all started following daddy around... we knew he would find our perfect tree!
The girls were really quite cooperative.... all three of them!
Although.... this bag of kettle corn was Ms. R's main focus most of the hunt! :)
And when we found "our tree"..... Ms. K looked a little .. shall we say BORED... with the cutting process! Ha ha!
We weren't looking for the BIGGEST tree in the forest.... but one that would fit nicely in our living room.... and had a nice shape.
Bingo!
This will definitely be an annual event in our household! And -- we can only hope for temps like we had this year -- made the whole experience so enjoyable!
Even Ms. A was little peach through the whole process.... not a peep out of her for hours!
After getting the tree up Saturday night - we all crashed out!
We were a tired fam.
Sunday morning -- church was on the docket.... the hubs had to run into the hospital to do a short procedure.
I took on the challenge of getting all three babes ready for church service....
Things were going along great..... Ms. A took a nice morning nap, the twins were dressed and ready to rock.... and then we learned daddy would be delayed....
BUT - after a week where we'd spent much time praying for many families working through both crisis and tragedy... I wanted to go and sing and worship and pray.
I didn't want to let FEAR (of my children going nutzo) in church stand in my way.....
So - out the door we went.... with hopes daddy might join us at some point!
We arrived to a packed church... of course I'd forgotten... the children's choir was singing and almost every seat was full!
If I'm being honest - I almost turned around and left.
But .. a nice usher came up and offered to help me finding seating.
There was no turning back!!
We found ourselves a nice little area to sit... off to the side. The girls sat down and were mesmerized by the children's choir. They were singing right along with them and clapping and dancing.
I looked straight up to the Lord and said a prayer of thanks.
It was right where I needed to be, right then.
The girls amazed me. I couldn't believe they were sitting down and actually behaving. Even my babe was tucked in her carseat not making a peep. We only had to get the coloring books out once. The service we attend has wonderful music and it just keeps the girls entertained.
Still no sign of daddy as the pastor starting preaching....
As I sat there with my three daughters.... I was kind of in shock at how I'd took that leap of faith to go to church alone. This was a first for me.
But a few minutes into the sermon .. I knew exactly why I was there.
Pastor Ron was speaking about FEAR --
I was almost breathless.
It was the EXACT message I needed.... and what a blessing - in the midst of my three busy girls... I was still able to focus and listen to his message of using prayer to help conquer our daily fears.
He ended with reciting the lyrics of a famous Tim McGraw song...
"Live like you were dying"...
Much of it resonated with me... but after a week of sadness for so many -- it really hit home.
To live like we might not have tomorrow.... how would we do it differently?
How would we change the way we live?
Maybe you wouldn't change a thing... but I have some things I need to work on.
If we're being honest - I think we all do.
Just as Pastor Ron was wrapping up..... I glanced up at the clock. It was 11:40 and still no daddy.
Just by reflex my brain started worrying.... it was foggy... I'd hoped he hadn't been in an accident on the way home from the hospital....
But then I stopped myself..... Trust in Him. Trust. Trust. Trust.
And not 2 minutes later.... the hubs sat down beside us... and to his surprise we were all smiling. :)
There we were -- all together.... I felt such peace and thankfulness.
We ended by singing.. "Oh Come All Ye Faithful".... and I thought to myself....
Faith is trusting... but trusting is HARD, sometimes.
It's day by day -- and each day we'll encounter times when fear overcomes.....
And in those moments all we can do is try to lay those worries on Him.
Pray. Refocus. Trust.
We ended our weekend with afternoon naps, cleaning, more decorating and good ole' Kraft mac & cheese for dinner.
God is good - and my cup runneth over for a normal weekend with my family.... well, pretty normal.... with the exception of taking all three kids to church by MYSELF!
Fear no more!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!






No comments:
Post a Comment