Thursday, October 06, 2011

Coffee ... party of 3.

Today is pretty cool and wet in our neck of the woods and so we decided to meet up with daddy for lunch. A little too cold for our usual park outing (for mama, anyway).

We had a nice time with daddy -- fortunately there are a few decent quick restaurant choices near the hospital.

After lunch .... we were heading home ... when I just couldn't resist stopping for a warm cup of coffee.  Had to resort to Starbucks (so missing my Caribou!!) ... as there are VERY few coffee shops with drive-up service in this city.  So many quaint java joints -- makes it hard for a mama to get her cup of coffee to go!

Anyway....the cool, crisp air had me craving something warm after lunch.  A quick in and out at Starbucks and we were back on our way home.

After arriving home .... the girls were getting sleepy and nap time was approaching.  We played downstairs in Ms. K's room for our last few minutes before nap.

I was sitting in the rocking chair (sipping my WARM beverage) while they played.

When suddenly ... they were both in my lap ... with little tea cups in hand ... saying "coffee .. coffee" ...

There ... all three of us sat ... together ... rocking and drinking our coffee.

I literally stopped to make sure this little moment was stamped on my brain forever.

The girls were making cute sipping noises and repeating .. hot, hot, hot -- over and over again.

I think it was our first real "coffee party".

It's one of those moments you dream about when you have baby girls (and perhaps boys, too) ...

And it's a snapshot in time -- I hope to never forget.

The only thing that would have made the moment more SWEET?

Perhaps a little cream and sugar. ;)

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment