Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Weekly baby update!

I'm setting a new goal for myself ... trying to post each week about the new babe .... his/her growth, random happenings, mama's health, etc.  I know better than to say I will do it on a specific day each week ... but perhaps I can attain an update at least once/week!


I thought it might be kind of fun for our family and friends who we aren't getting to talk with or see very often right now.


Maybe I'll even post a pic of the growing belly here and there .. but don't hold your breath!


I'll try to follow the same format weekly!


Gestation: 22weeeks/3 days


Gender: UNKNOWN! :)


Babies growth: (info taken from babycenter.com) At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.


fetal-development-images-22-weeks.jpg


Baby Movement: This babe seems to move quite a bit.  So far I wouldn't say its doing a lot of crazy movements ... just kicks and pokes, so far.  Lots of "swimming" as the hubs calls it.  When I feel really hungry I seem to feel him/her moving more.  And, if I want to feel  movement I slam a glass of OJ and about 10 minutes later the action begins.  Sometimes I do this so the hubs can feel the movements.  I feel most of the movements way down low ... not sure what that means!


Mama's growth: I'll spare you the specific details ... but according to my OB I'm growing at a great pace.  I feel as though my tummy is smaller than it was with the girls (it should be!!), but I still feel as though I'm looking preggo.  A few weeks ago it was perhaps still hard to tell if I was pregnant, but now it's pretty obvious I think.  I've definitely grown "all over" and it's hard to believe the babe is only 1 pound!! Where did all these other pounds come from??!  Gah ... I know it's part of it .... trying to embrace! Fitting into mostly maternity clothes.  Seems like the clothes I had from my first pregnancy don't work very well.  Most of them are from spring/summer ... and a bit bigger than I need now.  I've purchased and been given a few new things so that helps.  But let's face it .. not really attending many fancy outings so yoga pants, jeans and long sleeve tees are where it's at! :)


Cravings: Truthfully .. no crazy cravings.  One of my issues is thirst ... but that is likely because I don't drink enough water.  Duh!  A few weeks ago I was drinking milk like crazy.  I wanted milk all the time! I swear I'd drink a gallon per day.  That's slacked off a little now ... but still feeling thirsty.  Up until now ... I've had a few hankerings for mash potatoes, pickles (it was strange tho ... I wanted them, but after eating em' they made me so sick) and Con Queso.  I was on a kick with that for awhile ... dipping pretzels in that store bought cheese Con Queso sauce.  Strange, I know.  That's all come and gone, now.  I'm actually having a harder time coming up with what I do want to eat.  Oh ... almost forgot .. apples.  That is my go-to snack.... I often have to cut up 2 because the girls munch along with me.  But I've really been enjoying the yummy fall apples.


Struggles: Thankfully my nausea subsided earlier in this pregnancy than in my last.  Hubs predicted it would and he was right!  At about 16/17 weeks I started to feel the constant queasiness go away .... thank you God!  I will say, however, that my constant state of exhaustion is at an all-time high.  I feel like I could sleep constantly ... yet my body will not allow.  I am able to fall asleep pretty easily @ night, but upon waking to (pee!!) ... I struggle like the dickens to fall back to sleep. Likely why I'm so tired.  Some nights I'm up from 2am until RIGHT BEFORE the hubby's alarm goes off (about 5am) and then of course when he wakes I wake too. Frustrating to toss and turn for hours.  I remember this well with the girls' pregnancy and I do not see it improving.  I thank God every day that my girls nap pretty well because the MOMENT they lie down in the afternoon I RUN to my bed.  For some silly reason .... I can only sleep about 30 minutes, but I'll take it.  It allows me to get a bit of a second wind for round 2 of the day.  


The lack of sleep causes me to be a bit crazy, at times.  I think it's just the night after night of little sleep that finally puts me into a frenzy.  I have my moments where I think I am just not going to make it, but then I do.  


Favorite happening of the week: The OBVIOUS.... Grandma P came to stay with us for five days (post to come, soon)!! Me oh my .... did we have fun!! The hubs was out of town and Grandma P came to the rescue.  I would have gone totally nutty without her here to help me .... and it is absolutely the highlight of this week!  More to come!


That concludes my update for this week! Hope you learned a little bit about week 22-23!! Time seems to be moving pretty quickly lately ... and perhaps it's because I'm starting to really ponder how this new babe is going to jive with our family.  I know it's going to be awesome ... I just need to believe everything will work out the way it's supposed to and that with everything in life ... the challenges are just a "season".


Hope y'all are having a great week!


With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment