Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin patch 2011

Waaaaaay back in October on a warm and sunny Sunday afternoon .... we headed out on our 2nd annual "Family Pumpkin Patch" outing.

Living in a new place ... I'd been researching the best family-friendly (kid-friendly) pumpkin patch experience.

Not sure if you recall.....but our 1st annual ... was a bit of a COMPLETE BUST.  Click on the link to refresh your memory ... if you so wish. ;)

Back to THIS year ... I was determined it was going to be much more fun!! I mean for real ... the girls are a whole year older and will totally understand the concept, right?

Well...not exactly -- but I will say ... the experience was a blast.  With several pumpkin farms to choose from ... we were going on a prayer this one was the best for us.

Not a cheap little outing ... but in the end totally worth it. This place was a kiddos dream.  And -- kids of ALL ages.

Upon arrival we immediately decided to ditch the stroller. We would be playing man on man defense for the afternoon!

We were ready!!

And ... to sum up the experience .... we were greeted by LOTS of pumpkins....yummy treats...a choo-choo train ride....many animals....pony rides.....and a BIG hay pile to jump and bounce around in.

SUCH FUN and pure JOY!

Needless to say I was very pleased our 2nd annual outing was looking to be a complete BLAST rather than ...well... a BUST like the previous year.

Here are some of our favorite pics!  Warning ... picture overload ... but how can a mama possibly choose??!

Told you .. lots o' jack o' lanterns!

Peeking over the fence to see the ponies!
The girls never stop surprising me.  Ms. R would not go remotely near the ponies ... but Ms. K saddled up and we went all the way around the trail.  She was so brave!!
I looked more worried than she did! ;) Please forgive the "pale ... nauseated ... pregnant look".
All aboard!!


The train ride was a highlight!
Sweet baby girl.
Loving daddy's TLC.
Again ... our BRAVE little Ms. K.  Going way up the slide with daddy.  Ms. R and mama stayed back to capture.
All smiles at the bottom! :)
Ms. K loves the animals!
Doing some exploring!
Finally .... the big playpen full of HAY!!
It was a maze! I lost Ms. K at one point.  Scary!
This was more enjoyable for mom and dad ... we got to sick back and watch the show!
Priceless smiles.
 "Hay" mom ... get it?? :):)  I crack myself up .. sorry!
So fun to have a twin buddy in these situations!
One last "pony" ride for Ms. K!
And ... I couldn't leave these friendly guys out of the pics!! We were soooooo tempted to purchase for our front porch! I mean come on .... they TOTALLY resemble the girls.

All in ALL .... a much different and better experience than last year when it was a rare 90 degree October day and daddy was post-call and barely awake.

It makes me super excited for our 3rd, 4th, 5th annual family pumpkin patch outings.  I LOVE seeing the girls' eyes light up in new experiences.  There is so much fun in store!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment