We had a BLAST of a Halloween weekend!
I will say -- it included both tricks and treats!
Tricks to get the girls INTO their costumes .... and treats ... well that's the obvious.
We try to keep "treats" to a minimum here ... but the last few days ... the girls have had their fair share!
We kicked off the weekend on Friday night with a "Toddler Boo Bash". It was perfect for the girls....lots of little people in adorable costumes playing together!
Meet our little cowgirls!!
On Saturday ... we took part in the "costume parade" at the Children's Museum. In and around the parade ... the girls enjoyed playing at the museum. We had lunch there too and the girls did a great job entertaining everyone who walked by.
No pics from Saturday for some reason?? No clue....
Sunday was our day of "rest" from the festivities ... had to watch the MN Vikings WIN!
Monday .... daddy scurried home from work to help me wrestle the babes into the costumes for the 3rd time. I was feeling pretty good about how much use we got out of them!
This was the girls 2nd trick -or- treating experience...but last year they were wagon-bound. We had no clue what they would think .... but it turned out to be a blast!
We live on a BIG HILL and all the merchants at the top of the hill host an event each year. It was jam packed and a beautiful evening to be out and about. So nice not to have to bundle up the girls.
I have to say my "cowboy" hubby was pretty enamored with his "cowgirls".
At first the girls seemed pretty shell shocked by all the people and the costumes....but they eventually got the hang on of it!
The sight of that big bowl of candy was all it took!
At one point ... a small piece of candy fell out of Ms. R's bucket .... and you better believe she stopped dead in her tracks to go back and pick it up. It was a hoot!
This was truly one of those fun and special moments in having twins. We got so many smiles and ... "oh ... they are SO cute" comments!! I was eating it right up.
I told the hubs... the girls most certainly won't want to dress up "alike" forever ... so we must CHERISH this.
And ... that we did!
I best not leave out the one lone pic of mommy --- what can I say ... daddy tried.
It was so busy on the hill ... it was quite a task to get any pics!
Overall ... a very successful Halloween weekend. I wish I was one of those crafty moms who made their kiddo's costumes... but I have to give all credit to my favorite store -- Target -- for taking care of us this year.
Perhaps next year ... my creative juices will be flowing ... I mean really ... I'll only have three kiddos to dress up! ;)
Hope you all had a spOOOOOOktacular Halloween.
Hugs from two little cowgirls ... who happen to STILL be sleeping at 7:47am..... must be worn out from all the hoopla! I'll take it!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!










I don't dress the girls alike most of the time, but I think we'll do matching costumes as long as we can. It's definitely easier...and seeing double is so stinkin' cute! So glad to hear your girls (and you and hubby!) enjoyed all the festivities! :) :)
ReplyDeleteI bought two costumes, but Nathan refused. Too bad because the other fireman was so cute! Glad you had better luck.
ReplyDeleteawww your little ladies are too cute!!
ReplyDeletestopping by to send some bloggy love from your new follower.
hope you can follow me back http://iamblissfullyloved.blogspot.com/