Happy Monday!
A short and sweet baby post this week ..... because I'm BUSY prepping for some very special visitors....as in Auntie J and Cousin H!!! We are going to have a blessed Thanksgiving with them!
I've added a little photographic touch to spice things up!
Gestation: 24w/1d
Gender: ???
Baby growth:
The baby isn't just sitting around on your bladder doing nothing, he/she is working hard to prepare for life outside the womb - perfecting the lungs and packing on the pounds. He/She will gain 1/2 pound this week alone!! Wowza!! (wonder if turkey dinner has anything to do with it??) ;)
Things are starting to get a little crowded inside the womb as the baby grows bigger. Your ribs are probably pining away for the good old days when they didn't have a foot lodged between them. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
The babies ears are fully functional now (oh oh!). You may notice that loud noises can startle the little bugger. He/She is getting used to everyday sounds inside the womb. So ... be nice when you talk!
Baby's got a fully developed inner ear now too. This means the sense of balance is working.
You little babe is about the length of a foot-long Chicago hot dog and weighs about 1 1/2 pounds.
Baby movement:
This has picked up this week. Feeling lots of kicks. So fun! As mentioned above ... lots of kicks to the bladder.....I've had a few "almost" emergencies!
Mama's growth:
Live and in color :) Not the best shot ... but you should get the idea. GROWING!!
Cravings:
......with Thanksgiving this week ... I am really looking forward to a yummy meal. I would just about give ANYTHING for my Grandma's mash potatoes and gravy ...... but I'll have to wait til we go home for Christmas. I am going to try my hand at making the whole meal this year. Stay tuned! Oh .. and just an update .. ALL the thin mints are G-O-N-E. I best not be buying another bag of those!
Struggles:
Thankfully ... Ms. R's cold is much better ... although not completely gone. But -- our biggest struggle right now is not being able to get outside and walk. It gets dark at 4:45pm and it's just too dang cold to take the babes out. We are working on a plan to get our booties moving again - indoors.
Favorite happening of the week:
PREPPING for our guests!!!!! And .... the excitement of their arrival .... and then of course later in the week .... all the fun we will have!
I sure hope this finds you all having a great start to this week of THANKS and GIVING. Be sure to include both parts. It's pure joy for the soul.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment