Time to check in with the new babe for the week! We are being blessed with some dry weather here in the Northwest this week. A welcomed treat. Things continue to move right along with our new little bundle. Here's the latest!
Gestation: 25w/2d
Baby Growth: Look who's looking. Your baby's eyes — which have been closed for the past few months (so that the retina, the part of the eye that allows images to come into focus, could develop) — are beginning to open at 25 weeks pregnant. What this means is that your baby is able to see what's going on now (unfortunately the view in your uterus isn't all that exciting). But do try this at home for kicks (baby's that is): Shine a flashlight at your stomach. Your baby might kick in response (as in: "Get that light out of my eyes!"). He/She now weighs a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches. And this week, her eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity. (“Hey, I'm in here, Mommy! Where’s the party!”) What accounts for that response? Her brain is more developed and sophisticated. You may notice your baby has resting and alert period. You'll notice fetal activity more readily when you are more sedentary. Right now our baby is the size of an eggplant!
Baby Movement: Just speaking about that in the above paragraph ... I feel like the baby is moving a lot more this week and especially when I'm not moving. The last few weeks I had times when I felt he/she wasn't moving enough, but it's hard to compare to my previous pregnancy with TWO little monkeys moving around so much!
Mama's Growth: I had my 25 week OB appt yesterday and I was measuring at EXACTLY 25 weeks! Again .. it's so hard to judge because I think I was so much bigger last time around. I was glad to be measured and know I'm on track. The hubs has a much better memory of our first pregnancy (I think I blocked it out!!) and he recalls me being MUCH bigger last time. I still have times when I forget about my belly .. meaning it's not getting in the way too much!
Other news from the appointment ... I had my glucose screening (still waiting on results) and they checked my hemoglobin (results pending, too). Just feel so run down and tired so thought it best to check the iron levels. The baby's heartbeat was really strong and easy to find as usual. And like I mentioned I'm right on par for growth. I won't see my doctor again until we're back from Christmas vacation. By that time I will be nearing 30 weeks and will be seeing her every other week. Time is moving fast!!
Cravings: We had a wonderful (and big) Thanksgiving meal and so I think I've gotten my fill of turkey dinner for awhile. No other new cravings to report ... but I'm working hard to drink more water each day. When I was pregnant with the girls I naturally craved water. It's been different this time around so I need to remind myself not to get dehydrated.
Struggles: About the ONLY struggle I can think of this past week was saying goodbye to our special guests, Auntie J and Cousin H yesterday. NO FUN AT ALL!!
Fun happening of the week: Well.....need I say more??
Still weeding through the pictures and the memories ... but so much to tell. Stay tuned!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


No comments:
Post a Comment