I know it's been way too long since I've posted....but life has gotten smack dab in the way.
Anyway -- we're still here (still pregnant) and waiting on our new arrival.
We're feeling more and more ready (especially mama), but also holding out hope that "baby" waits just a little longer. Gramma P and Bapa C arrive in 2 weeks -- and THAT would be an optimal time for his/her arrival....just sayin'. :)
As of today I am 37 weeks and 2 days preggo.
What does this milestone mean to us?
Well -- as we think back to our first pregnancy -- it means we would've already been parents for a whole 24 hours by this point....parents to beautiful TWIN GIRLS!
We welcomed the girls into the world at 37 weeks and 1 day. I said to the hubs yesterday I could not believe I made it that far .... being that I feel so uncomfy now, with just one baby.
I also said ... "Geez ... I can't believe I wasn't a complete "crazy nut job" by that point.
To which he replied: "Oh - trust me, honey -- you were a complete crazy nut job". ;)
Such a blessing those
Here's the latest on the babe's growth!
Your baby is now considered full term, even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, your baby's lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Your baby weighs approximately 6 pounds and measures over 19 inches (bigger than both of the girls)!! Braxton Hicks contractions are likely coming more frequently and feel more powerful. Sleep for mama is not going well, and you're likely to have some intense dreams about labor and delivery (oh great!).
As you read in my last post - we've have a rocky few weeks here with illness. We're doing much better for the most part. I am just taking it day by day and am thankful for the days when the girls are healthy, eating and sleeping well. The rest I can get through. It just helps so much when they are well.
The hubs and I have been slowly preparing for the new baby - with stocking up on supplies and trying to get organized as much as we can. Without knowing the gender of the baby -- we haven't really been able to purchase clothes, blankets, etc - so daddy will be making a mad shopping dash after the arrival. We have most of the essentials. It was fun to stroll through the baby isle again and stock up on newborn items. It amazes me we are so far removed from those items with the girls. In most ways -- I just still consider them my babies. Always will I suppose.
I know when we actually bring the new baby home the girls will suddenly feel so much older and more mature. I'm dreading that part. We still snuggle them like babies, rock them at nap and nighttime and carry them when they want us to. I'm learning this is all so short-lived. I don't want to give any of it up with the them before they force us to.
As much as the end of pregnancy can be difficult -- I also try to remind myself it's a magical time. It's one of the very, very few times in life when you truly can't plan things perfectly and have to wait for God to reveal His plan. It can be unnerving, but I'm choosing not to focus on that. Rather -- I'm choosing to try and savor in the wonderment of it all. These are days we simply can not relive ... and one's we'll likely look back on and wish we could. Each morning as I wake ... I am thankful to have carried this baby to term during this year when I absolutely thought that was THE impossible. Yes -- I've been pregnant the WHOLE time we've been living away from home. Yes -- it's been extremely challenging, at times. But - YES ... it's also kept us focused on something way bigger then our own woes. We've had a very important job to do growing this baby and I think God knew I needed something larger than myself to fuss over this year. He is always ahead of the game in His planning for our life. Thank you God.
I'll continue to keep you posted as I'm able -- I'm going back in to the doctor on Friday. I was 1cm dilated late last week -- we'll see what this week brings! Suspense!
Looking forward to later today -- enjoying a hopefully short work day for daddy and maybe even a trip to the Dairy Queen!! They DQ locals are few and far between here on the West coast .... but we don't mind making an afternoon out of it for a yummy treat.
Hope you all had a nice, long holiday weekend... and thanks for keeping up with us!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment