Monday, February 06, 2012

Chickens in the city!

We experienced a little "country in the city" over the weekend.

The very warm (as in 65 degree) weather called for not one, but two trips to the park for fun and SUN!

Right across from the park ... we met three very friendly chickens!

Meet Apple and Rosie -- they had another sister, but I didn't catch her name!
Here you'll catch daddy admiring the chickens ... dreaming of a little time on the farm!
The girls loved the chickens!! And..... we got to meet the chickens keeper, too.  Eight year old Esther ... barefoot, dirt from head to toe, prancing about in a darling skirt, making mud pies --- all while greeting people passing by. She was so sweet to the girls and appeared to be a true country girl at heart! Just our style!
The girls were very curious!
After much chicken admiration -- it was time to hit up the park.  
 Lots of smiles from Ms. R.  She could slide all day long!
 Ms. K in the drivers seat!
Back home (perhaps after a stop at the yogurt shop) we played outside.  It was just so refreshing to feel the warm sunshine!
The girls are both quite intrigued by the water faucet outside our house.  Thankfully -- they've yet to figure out how to turn it on.

Overall - a beautiful weekend.  Happy to report that the girls have pretty much kicked their colds (with the exception of the nasty cough).  Mommy on the other hand -- well, the cold still has a strong grip on me.  I talked with my OB clinic today and hoping some of their home remedy suggestions might help me.  Oh - and some sleep -- ya that would be good too.

Hope you all had a good weekend ..... despite not being able to taste much we had a nice grilled meal last night and our own little Super Bowl Party.  Sometimes you just have to make your own fun!  Hope you enjoyed the game.

Talk soon.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the girls had a really fun weekend. I love their little matching outfits. Too cute!
    Sorry to hear you've been sick. I got the worst cold of my life last year when I was 7 months pregnant and I thought I was going to die. It was awful and as you know you can't really take much for it. I hope your doctor was able to get you something to help give you a little relief. Praying for you to feel better girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are adorable..glad to be a new follower. I have twin girls too. U can follow me back at http://thelittlelilypad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete