Monday, October 01, 2012

Every ounce of pain

I'm struggling right now - fighting like hell.

I'm nursing my babe with clogged ducts and a mastitis infection.

Most nursing mama's have been where I am - at least once or twice.

I've been here before, too - but the pain has never been quite like this.

I've shed some tears, begged for relief, and even had thoughts of ... "I just can't do this".

But I can.

And I am.

Because I see this face...and these eyes...
... and every ounce of pain melts away like an icicle on a beautiful spring afternoon.

I've been lifted up by so many to get me through this current stumbling block..... there seem to be so many {stumbles and falls} as you maneuver motherhood.

But I'm starting to see each one coming together as a beautiful collection ... making me the mama I am.

The strong.

Determined.

Never giving up kind of mama.

THESE faces are worth every.ounce.of.pain....
And when that pain seems like too much.... I fall back on my collection of stumbles and falls and know this one will pass, another will come along -- the pain will always subside, but these hearts are mine forever.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no, no, no! I'm so sorry! That is just terrible! Get well soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete