A little shy of 8 years ago the hubs and I had dinner on a cold and drizzly Sunday night - at Pizza Hut, of all places.
We barely knew each other, really ... and to be honest I wasn't quite sure we were headed down any sort of "relationship" path.
We were living in different cities -- had incredibly different lives -- but were slowly getting to know each other via phone, email and weekend visits.
It was a Sunday night and time for him to drive back home...
My heart felt a bit uneasy as we sat chatting over pizza... just not knowing what to think of this new guy in my life.
I 'may' have even choked back a few {uncertain} tears... on that same evening.
Fast forward - as I said - almost 8 years later.
Ms. A and I had the opportunity to hang out with the hubs while he worked a weekend shift out of town.
Grandma P. kept the
As we were driving around looking for a dinner spot on Saturday night - I spotted Pizza Hut.
We've often recalled that particular Sunday night dinner many times throughout the years.
And if we happen to drive by a Pizza Hut - we both smile and remember.
For some reason - it stands out for both of us.
And as there were literally a 100 other places we could have eaten ... we decided Pizza Hut it should be!
As we sat in the booth with our very precious sidekick..... I said to the hubs.... "He knew".
"He knew what?" ... the hubs asked.
God knew.... on that chilly Sunday night 8 years ago -- we would be here, today ... in THIS life with each other gabbing endlessly about our three girls.
HE knew, I said.
And I have no doubt He was listening to us chatter that night ... and smiling. Smiling down on us, praying for us, blessing us -- knowing that while we'd experience bumps and bruises along the way, in time, we'd be together... with our beautiful children.
I am sure that made Him smile quite widely on that Sunday night... when WE were so fiercely questioning it all.
The hubs and I just sat and took it all in.... thinking about how trusting in the plan is often so difficult.
Waiting on the reveal can be scary and even painful...
But our God does not let us down -- and in fact -- knows what is best and when.
Things may not always happen on our time clock, but IN TIME.... life will unfold if you just trust and believe.
Our once somewhat formal {getting to know you} banter over pizza 8 years ago.... seemed so far in the distance this weekend.
He knew.
He knew she (and her sisters) were on their way to us.
How incredibly amazing.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


I love this post! God's perfect plan AND perfect timing!
ReplyDelete