Friday, March 15, 2013

WINTER...

... we are ready to bid you FAREWELL!
I can't deny we've had some sunny (albeit cold) days lately, but today is one of those rain/snow mix, drizzly days when Old Man Winter seems to have overstayed his welcome.

Be gone with you!

March can be such a tease... and especially when everyone talks about how it was 80 degrees on St. Patty's day LAST year.

Oh... that is so last year. ;o)

Last night I actually heard forecasters predict we won't see 40 degree temps until April.... somehow it  helps me to know what we're in for.

Time now for a "Finally Friday" update from our chilly neck of the woods!

* For the first time since Saturday - the twins woke up fever FREE today!

* We're still enjoying extra time with daddy ... he's had to work a little bit this week, which is probably good for all of us. ;)

* I've been enjoying planning Ms. A's 1st birthday party - coming up in about 2 weeks now!

* Ms. R's ENT surgery is scheduled for next Friday. We are hoping she continues to feel better and can stay in good health so the surgery can go forward as planned.

* The twins will be 3 1/2 on Saturday.  Mind boggling!

* We're hoping to actually leave the house this weekend.... we've basically been stuck at home since Saturday and we are all cooped up! Looking for germ-FREE places if y'all know of any... ;)

* The hubs and I have been able to complete a few home improvement projects these last few weeks.  Makes our house feel even more like home.

* Our dog, Hank, is so ready for spring.  He spent an entire day basking in the sun on the front porch this week and it was only 34 degrees.  He acted like he was lounging by the pool in Arizona.  Sunshine does wonders for us all!

* Ms. A is really embracing her one year old self.  Just yesterday I noticed her running after her sisters.  She can keep up, too! She is also "this close" to being able to crawl up onto the furniture....!

* The hubs and I are still contemplating a little vaca in early May.  I go back and forth about my desire to go.  Last night he started giving me actual destination options.  That helped a little. ;) But the thought of leaving the girls is really hard for me right now.  Stay tuned...

* With all this snow - I find myself dreaming about summer more and more everyday.  I am so thankful our deck is built and ready for use once it warms up.

* Over the last month I've been invited to several "in home" shopping parties given by friends and neighbors.  It's something new for me and it's actually been quite nice to get some shopping done while catching up with friends!

* The twins have been home from school all week (illness).. and I'm not sure how much they will attend the next few weeks with Ms. R's surgery and trying to keep them healthy.  So far we're doing pretty well keeping busy - although being able to get outside would sure help!

* I feel like I am at a stand-still with coming up with meal ideas, lately.  It's not like I'm any gourmet cook, but I feel like the ideas ebb and flow.....in need of some fresh new ideas to kick start a new menu around here.

* Last year at this time I knew 10 or 11 people who were expecting babies.... this year I can't think of 1! I am clearly in need of a baby fix! :)

* The hubs and I are looking for bedroom furniture.  It's such a big decision... one of those purchases you don't make every few years.  Each set I think I like.... I stop to contemplate what I might think about it 20 years from now! We've been anxiously waiting to make this purchase... hoping it's coming soon!

* I'm getting excited for Easter... in my mind I am picturing a beautiful, sunny, 60 degree day!! If we dream it ... it will come.. ? :)

Well, the snow has finally subsided a little bit. I hear we are in for a sucker punch storm Sunday night into Monday -- but then THAT better be it!!!!!

Thanks for catching up with us ... and listening to me ramble!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend..... healthy, safe and HAPPY!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. I agree; winter needs to end! Not too excited about the storm coming later this weekend. I'm also thinking, how will the girls' boots look with their Easter dresses this year? ugh!
    Hope your household stays healthy and you can enjoy a fun filled birthday party!

    ReplyDelete