Friday, March 01, 2013

No more PULL-UPS!

DING DONG...... the nighttime PULL-UPS are goodbye, gone!

I have to say -- the thought of potty training the twins took years, DECADES off my life.

The actual training - did not live up to all that sleepless worry.

That should teach me something - but that's a whole notha post in itself!

Anywaaaaaaay.....

Long about a week ago ... we ran out of pull-ups and I said to the girls....

"Wanna sleep in your undies?"

Why of course they did!

We've worked hard over the past 6 months (since they've been daytime trained) to cut out beverages after dinner time.

They can have a sip of water here or there and perhaps a swig after teeth brushing, but no full glasses after supper.

This was an attempt to help them stay dry through the night.

And by golly gosh - it actually worked.

Their pull-ups have been dry in the morning for a long time so I really wasn't too worried about the switch, but you never know!

And after a week of sleepin' in our undies -- we are kissing the pull-ups GOODBYE!

I am quite proud of my little ladies.

They really sailed through this huge milestone, with the exception of a few weeks in the very beginning.

So, what advice would I have for other families about to embark on this twin potty training journey?

I really only have one tip.

WAIT.

WAIT.

WAIT until they are good and ready.

And then when you think they are ready...

WAIT some more.

I really don't have any other magic tricks.

Our first attempt was when they were between 2 and 2 1/2 and it was not the right time for {them}.

Round about age 3 -- poof they grasped the concept and ran with it.

So, we bid farewell to our pull-ups, for now..... I'm sure they'll make a 2nd debut when Ms. A catches up!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a huge milestone!!!

    And I COMPLETELY agree to WAIT until they're ready. Of course I only have the two to judge by...and I know every child is different...but my experience is that it wasn't really very stressful when the child *wanted* to move to the next level.

    It is a tiny bit sad that I don't have any more diapers to change, though...a teeeeeeny-tiny bit...so enjoy Miss A! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You beat us with this milestone. We have one that is ready but one that is far from it! I'm just hoping she is out of them by kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete