Oh.... we are busy, busy around here!
With the change of seasons - we are in high gear with preschool, church school, birthday parties, fall pictures, well-child checks, fall cleaning/projects and SO MUCH MORE.
At this point in our lives - there is rarely a dull moment.
But, it's fun and we love it!!
Trying to enjoy what's left of September because then we're onto October and daddy hunting and Halloween and all the pending holidays!
Time to play a little catch-up with our girls.
We had Ms. A's 18 month well-child check a week (or so) ago.
This child.... she's doing just awesome!
She was in good humor for our pediatrician and allowed her to see just how busy Ms. A really is!
It's no joke when I tell people she is a climber. NO JOKE.
Her measurements kinda stunned us all!
Since her 15 month check-up she gained 3 pounds!!!!
18 month STATS:
Weight: 27 pounds 6 ounces (90-95%)
Height: 33 inches (95 %)
Head Size: 47 cm (75%)
She is definitely a growing girl and never stops moving. She runs everywhere and we have to keep a close eye on her because she can open doors (to the outside) and given the opportunity will climb up any surface - anywhere!
And ... just for FUN.... here is a peek back at the twins 18 month post!
With the twins recently turning four (gasp!!) - they had their pre-school screening this morning!
In our state you can screen at age 3 or age 4, but since they have a mid-September birthday it made sense to do it now .. as they won't start Kindergarten for 2 more years (Yay says mama!!).
I was anxious about the screening because I knew the girls would be asked certain questions and depending on their moods.... I just never know how they will react in these situations.
Grandpa C (retired elementary teacher) accompanied us and I could not have been more thankful. He was a lifesaver!
He and Ms. K went off into the developmental portion, while Ms. R and I attempted the physical screening.
Ms. R was not super cooperative, at first - but after a trip to the bathroom and a pep talk... she came around just fine!
At the end of the screening... they did a recap with me about each child.
I was pretty much proud as a peacock hearing their results. They scored way above average for their age group.
They were asked a variety of different questions... shapes, colors, comparisons.. they were asked to draw pictures and do balance activities. They seemed impressed that both girls can hop on each foot five times.
Ms. K's 4 year STATS:
Weight: 41 pounds (85%)
Height: 41 inches (75%0
Ms. R's 4 year STATS:
Weight: 38 pounds (75%)
Height: 40 inches (70%)
Leaving the pre-school screening I felt such relief. For the last year I've somewhat been anticipating this event. I knew having two children to screen at once would be challenging. I was so thankful to have Grandpa C's help... and to have Grandma P back at home with Ms. A.
Whew!
We still need to visit the pediatrician for the twins 4 year well-child check, which will include some immunizations - but we have to wait for daddy's schedule to allow for him to accompany us! ;)
It ALWAYS feels good to hear our children are growing and thriving..... now, back to party planing....
We've throwing a big ole' cowgirl celebration for the twins this weekend!
As they say .. Yeeeeeehawwwwww!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
How are our girls 4?!?! So fast and so exciting...I too am glad that with the early September bday mine still have this year and next year before Kindergarten!!! This mama is not ready!!!!
ReplyDeleteI honestly have no clue how they are four?!?! I love catching up with you and your girls. We are truly blessed to have mid Sept birthdays! Yay!! I get way too emotional thinking about them being in school ALL day. They are my little helpers with Ms. A. Happy birthday to your girls!!
Delete