Do you ever have one of those weeks where you look back and just thank God you made it through.
That was this week for me -- for us.
Last weekend was a little rough on me - pregnancy wise. I just had absolutely zero energy and didn't do much at all. I started the week thinking ... this is gonna be one long month anticipating the baby.
Then -- Monday morning ... when the girls woke up with nasty colds ... the whole "this pregnancy is kicking my bootie" idea went straight out the window.
Whenever the girls are sick .. I'm always jolted into reality ... realizing that yes, taking care of two toddlers is work -- but it's REALLY work when they are sick and needy and crabby and not sleeping.
Anyway - good, bad or otherwise ... it put my pregnancy woes on the back burner and it was more about getting through each day -- or each hour in some cases.
We were trapped inside until today -- when I had my 35 week OB appt. We are all doing somewhat better ... although I feel it's going to take a few more days to completely kick this crud.
The nerves crept back in because we were going to take another peek at the position of the baby ... remembering that 2 weeks ago he/she was breech.
Did you pick up on that??
I said ... "WAS" breech!!!
We got right down to business at my appointment and we were pleasantly surprised to see that this precious baby has indeed turned.
Of course -- now we are hoping he/she will get nice and comfy and STAY that way. Odds are in our favor -- the bigger the baby gets ... the less likely it is to turn. And that is what I'm going to focus on!!
So -- I feel like we are back on track and I am so thankful!
Gestation: 34w/6d
Gender: So excited to find out!!
Baby Growth: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now (yeah!!). He or she is over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (that was about the size of the girls when they were born!!). Pick up a honeydew melon and that will be a great comparison. Because he/she is so snug in your womb, your baby isn't likely to be doing the dramatic somersaults anymore (good news), but the number of movements you feel should be about the same. Your baby's kidneys are fully developed now, and his or her liver can process some waste products. Basic physical developments is mostly complete -- your baby's main job over the next few weeks it to put on weight.
Baby movement: Well -- after a STERN talking to --- baby decided to cooperate and make the right moves this week. :) Movement in general is most noticeable when I'm sitting and lying down. The other day Jon was clear across the room and he stopped dead in his tracks and said ... I just saw the baby kick you. He was right -- lots of kicks going on and easy to see from outside, now.
Mama's growth: My OB measured me today and I'm measuring between 34 and 35 weeks which is exactly where I should be so that's good news. Interestingly ... when I was pregnant at 35 weeks with the girls I was measuring almost 50 weeks. Can you even believe that?? I can't!!
Cravings: I'm STILL on my grapefruit kick. Since I last reported -- I've eaten two more boxes (12 count) of grapefruit cups. Maybe since the hubs is off from work this weekend we can scoot over to Costco for another supply. I am on pattern of eating a cup on the morning and one at night. I can't get enough!!
Struggles: Already discussed our biggest struggle of the week -- all of us being sick. I can't remember a time when we were ALL ailing at the same exact time. The girls usually get sick one after another ... and then we may get the bug following that. This time -- BOTH girls were sick on Monday and hubs and I followed quickly. In some ways I'm glad -- get it over with!!
Favorite happening of the week: Most definitely the fact that the baby has turned. What a great way to end a trying week!! I am still aware that anything can happen in labor and delivery -- but in the end if the baby is in the correct position ... it gives me the best chance for avoiding the c-section. If in fact -- it happens to turn out that way ... I know it will be OK. :)
Wanted to get the update out ASAP as I know I've had many people praying for me. Thank you so much for all the support.
From here on out I will see my OB on a weekly basis -- hard to believe we are to that point already! And -- most likely in about a month ... we'll be meeting baby #3!! So excited!
Hope you all have a great weekend ... the sun and blue sky are still with us and we are hoping to get outside and breathe some clean, fresh air!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Hooray! What a terrific end to an otherwise yucky week! I'm just 27 so we don't which way he's headed. I suspect he's transverse right now, being more or less constantly kicked in the left side day and night. I wonder how many weeks I measured at 35w3d? He never told me, but I suspect it was something like 50!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy the baby flipped! Hoping the next few weeks go by fast for both of us!
ReplyDelete