Thursday, July 19, 2012

4 month stats!

I took Ms. A in for her 4 month well-child check bright and early this morning.  She was still sleeping quite soundly when it was time for me to get her up and ready to go.

Bless her sleepy heart.
But after a resounding "GOOD MORNING" from Ms. K -- she was all smiles and ready to rock the day!
It was Ms. A's first visit to see her pediatrician here in MN.

Per her usual --- she's tipping the charts with her growth, which is awesome. I'm so happy she's healthy and chubba chubba like babies are supposed to be!!

Stats:
Height: 25.2 in (75-90%)
Weight: 17.25 lbs (90-95%)
Head: 42 cm (75-90%)

Her pediatrician said she is doing great which is always so comforting. We talked about her sleeping and eating habits and how she is generally a really happy baby. We discussed introducing cereal, but I think I am going to wait.  There's just no rush, in my opinion.  She's clearly gaining weight and seems satisfied.  I am in no hurry to rush anything with this little dollie of mine.

After she was weighed and measured we had to wait a bit for the nurse to return for the dreaded immunizations.  :(

So - we practiced our turning and rolling skills.

And then the nurse returned with needles in hand and we both tried to be brave.  I will never, ever, ever get over the anxiety of hearing my babies cry from those needle pokes. To say it breaks my heart in a million pieces is an understatement.

But - Ms. A is my champ -- and she took it like one. After some tears (and screams) we snuggled and I was able to make it all better.

Mamas really score in that department -- being able to instantly soothe my baby is such a gift to me.

And, before long we packed up and were ready to head home.

But, not without one Ms A's famous SMILES -- even after four needle pokes! What a brave little soul.
This girl never ceases to amaze me with her true beauty - inside and out.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. She's such a cutie! Makes me even more excited for my little one :)

    ReplyDelete