Tuesday, July 10, 2012

sleepless in MN.

Dear Ms. K,
I am BEGGING you to sleep past 5am.

BEGGING -- as in down on my hands and knees with hands in prayer position....

PLEASE.....PLEASE.....PLEASE!!!!!!

Your mama is desperate and your sisters are willing to sleep until 8am.... even your 4 month old sister who is sleeping through the night -- for 11 or 12 hours at a time.

I will reward you with absolutely anything you could ever want.

ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. If there are any mama's out there with {helpful} tricks to keep my kiddo in bed (now toddler bed) beyond 5am ... I'd gladly pay to send you on a Caribbean vacation.  GLADLY.

I'm THAT tired.

With love,
One very tired mama.

5 comments:

  1. Try putting her to bed at a later time. My boys would wake up so early because I would put them down at 7:30-8:00 I now do it close to 9 and they sleep in way better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine wake up @ the same time no matter what so I always put them down between 8 & 9. My Khloee started doing this awhile back & I put 2 little nails on the sides of the windows & I hang a dark brown sheet up when they go down for bed or naps. It helped a ton! They both sleep 12 or more hrs since I did that... knocking on wood like crazy right now! Good luck. I'm sure its just a phase, hopefully a shorter one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have friends who say that there's this "okay to wake" clock that you can get, that turns green or something when it is "okay" for them to get out of bed...I think I've seen it in the One Step Ahead catalog...not sure that'd work for her but I'm guessing she's getting up because of the transition to the toddler bed? We didn't have the wake early issue when we moved out of cribs, but it takes mine longer to stop playing around and go to sleep now that they can get out and move around the room. My friends swear by that clock...so check out the clock, maybe it'll work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe try one of those super dark curtains in her room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing! I have a friend who has the ok to wake clock... works for her early risers. I had to eliminate nap in order to keep our 8pm - 8am schedule. With naps, they didn't want to go to bed until nearly 10. Not sure if that would help your early rising problem.

    http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536615&cmSource=Search

    ReplyDelete