Thursday, July 05, 2012

Four months of love.

Happy {FOUR MONTH} birthday to our little sweet pea, Ms. A!!

This past month was FULL to say the least.  You met many new milestones and had new and fun experiences!

Most of your 3rd month of life was spent living in Seattle, WA ~ but you recently moved back to MN... which is your real and permanent home!

Before we moved -- you were VERY helpful as we packed up our town home.  Mostly helpful in providing endless smiles and hugs during a somewhat stressful time in our lives.

I recall this picture below quite fondly because is it is truly 'you'.  We were in Ms. R's room trying to clean and organize.  I propped you up against the couch to keep me company.  I looked over and your smile was as BRIGHT as the most brilliant sunshine.  I stopped in my tracks to capture you -- and didn't think twice about forgoing packing and cleaning for awhile.
Here you are snuggling with daddy as he takes a short break from carrying box after box to the garage.  I think it was a much needed and enjoyed stop in the action. :)
This particular day you were helping mommy pack up your clothes and accessories.  It was an emotional task made easier as we tried on your darling hats.  You made mommy smile!
Shortly before our departure from Seattle -- we all came down with a nasty respiratory bug.  You had a very bad cough, but handled it like a champ.  It hung on and hung on and so I insisted we get you checked before we traveled.  Here you are in the pediatrician's office -- he was always very smitten with you. Can't say I blame him.  :)
The day finally arrived -- it was time to bid farewell to Seattle.

Your first official airplane ride "outside" mama's tummy.  You'd been on many previous flights in utero!

You were - what I dare say "angelic" on the flight.  Smiled your big smiles at people seated near us and slept almost the entire way.
Upon arriving in MN -- we were greeted by so much LOVE.
Meeting cousins for the first time!
 And, Uncle M, too! Doesn't he look tan?? They have lots of sun here in MN! Thank goodness!
It was so special to have so much family around us on that day!

Then -- it was time to start to settle in to your new surroundings.

Your first bath at home.  You LOVED it.
 Your first time in the jumperoo!
The concentration was intense ... and reminded your daddy and me of the way your sisters used to play!
"Practicing" in your new crib.
And, then -- the real thing.  Your first night sleeping in your crib you were amazing! Slept 7 hours straight, a quick feeding, and then back to sleep for several more hours. Wow!
Transitioning to sleeping in your crib has proved to be much harder on mama than on you.  I was not eager or ready to let go of sleeping near you.  But, I knew it was time and you have been such a beautiful sleeper this past week. You are so good to your mama!! And, after your very first night of sleep you woke up with this HUGE smile on your face.  Melted my heart.
We went on our first walk around the neighborhood - just you and me! I used to take your sisters on long walks everyday when they were little like you.  Now, they aren't so keen on being in the stroller so I think we're on our own.  I will certainly enjoy this time with you over the summer.
I told you last month -- you would have a lot going on as you turned 4 months old.  You've handled it all so well.  Even in the most stressful moving moments -- your endless smiles have not ceased and you have made this transition much easier on your mama and daddy.

You started to giggle over the past few weeks and your laugh is infectious.  We do anything we can to hear that sound out of you!!

You also rolled over ... just once.  But, as I watch you in your crib I know it won't be long until you are rolling all over the place...

Because we lived far away from home when you were born ... you've met several family members for the first time this week.  They all adore you as I told them they would.
Here you are pictured with your Great Grandma H.
She had such a wonderful time holding you and getting to know you.  And, you were your smiling, loving self and enjoyed snuggling on her lap.  It was a long-awaited meeting and a very special day.

It's very hard to believe we ever got along without you, baby girl.  You are such a joy-filled baby ... with a smile that stops us in our tracks and we all have so much love to give to you.

These past months have gone with lightening speed -- and sadly I know I can't stop time .... so instead I will just spend as much time soaking in your sweetness as I possibly can.

Happy 4th month birthday, my love!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment