Monday, July 30, 2012

vacation week hangover

Seems like forever since I've blogged.

We're back from a week long sun and fun-filled "vacation" at the lake and trying to get back into the groove, again.

Very special and treasured time and memories to be sure, but somehow it seemed to be the most exhausting year, yet.

This was the twins 3rd annual cabin trip, Ms. A's first, of course.

One might think adding the new baby into the mix is what created more work, but that really wasn't the case.

Keeping the twins SAFE was what I considered constant and endless work.... even into the wee hours of the night.

Work that took my entire family and then some.

But it was work well worth it in the end and I am so thankful for everyone who pitched in to help me.  It's one of those situations where it just can not be done alone.

I took nary a photo due to that constant work, but trust me -- the girls had a blast.

Ms. A was near angelic and dipped her sweet little toes in the sand and water for the first time.

The twins loved swimming and fishing and just chasing around their big cousins.

Naps were a struggle.

Nighttime sleep was a STRUGGLE.

But we made it -- and the "struggle" memories will fade overtime and we'll be left with all the smiles.

Speaking of SMILES.... what a precious picture to be treasured.  All the grandkiddos happy to be together. :)
So, now we're back to regularly scheduled programming around here ... whatever that means.

I somewhat feel like I've yet to really get into a groove since moving back from Seattle.  We're trying, but it's taking some time.

Perhaps now that our week away from home has come and gone -- we can really settle in.

There is lots more fun to be had as summer winds down -- and fall approaches.

And, a sincere hope to find more time to blog -- as there is so much to document.  All three of my girls are amazing me daily - growing so fast, maturing - saying such cute things... and rolling over! Yes, Ms. A has rolled over and is sleeping on her tummy.  I can't believe it.

A neighbor said to me the other day -- "I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your house".... I suppose I could take that as a suggestion that it's likely PURE chaos in our house (which is true, at times), but rather I'll take it as a reminder that we have a very full and lively home and sharing that {chaos} with my readers is something I truly enjoy.

We'll catch up again soon.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment