It's the combination of hunting season, daddy's work schedule and the Thanksgiving holiday .... just makes for a jam packed month!
I anticipated this being a crazy time and so LONG, LONG ago I asked my sister if she would mind keeping Ms. A overnight while I took the big sisters out of town to stay with the hubs (where he works one weekend/month).
Auntie J agreed and so the plan was set!
Literally - I think I asked her about this BEFORE we even more home from Seattle.
It was that long ago.
I was kind of excited for Auntie J to get some quality time with the babe and for the hubs and I to spend precious time with the big girls.
Kind of like old times.
We were up bright and early Saturday morning ... and set out to drop Ms. A off with Auntie J and her crew!
The weather was looking pretty dismal, but we didn't let that stop us.
Moods were of the same variety at the point, too ... but we forged ahead.
After smooches for Ms. A -- the big girls and I met up with daddy at the hotel.
I think we were there all of 20 minutes and the girls looked like this!
Can you tell they were excited to get into the pool??!
Yes, I said .. napped!
I was deliriously tired because I'd been up the night before with a child {Ms. R} who didn't want to sleep!
It was glorious rest for mama!
Upon their return... we set out for dinner and some shopping.
Just normal stuff ... but, fun to be a little bit more laid back without our precious babe in tow (altho we missed her dearly)!
Ms. K & Ms. R asked for Ms. A at least 10 times throughout the weekend. You could tell they didn't quite understand why she wasn't with us!
Speaking of that babe .... she was in the best hands with Auntie J!
The weather turned around in the afternoon and they spent lots of time outside.
Is that a happy baby or what??
Fun with her cousins!
Loving on her auntie!
And of course... a little mischief, too!
Meanwhile... we were having fun of our own!
Being silly and just enjoying our girls.
The overnight sleep was 50/50 per our usual. Ms. K slept like a rock... and Ms. R, well, she tossed and turned and tossed and turned some more.
Morning finally came and we set out for our final swim!
One of the highlights for the girls was all the elevator button pushing...
It was a good lesson in taking turns and ... in mama looking the other way about all the germs!
Nothing a little chlorine couldn't kill, right??!
Thanks to Auntie J, Uncle K, and cousins H&G... for being the hostesses with the mostess for Ms. A!!
She came home with lots of stories about how much FUN she had.
Really, she did!! :)
And, I think the big sisters were tickled pink to be front and center for the weekend!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!








No comments:
Post a Comment